Register Now
Kane99

Worried about GTA IV remastered now?

I know I am. Especially after the disaster that was the recent GTA Trilogy remaster. I've been looking forward to a possible GTA IV remaster since that was announced. 

But, if they do a remaster, they really need to take their time with it. It was clear the team behind the remaster trilogy was rushed to meet a release date, as this game was clearly not ready for release. Just watch the many videos of problems on YouTube. 

Anyway, I think Rockstar will have to take it slow going forward with any remaster they do, because they will be criticized even more if they fail to make something playable. 

I understand why people are concerned about this given how "The Trilogy" was handled. However, for one to feel concerned about how well Rockstar and Take Two would handle a GTA IV remaster, one has to recognise there there actually was something to ruin in the first place. I don't.

I hated GTA IV. It was a fussy, annoying, humourless chore of a game, nothing like the PS2 era games. I know the Rockstar and Take Two couldn't care less about the quality of "remasters", they made that perfectly clear, so even if I liked GTA IV I still wouldn't want a "remaster" because they would cock it up. So either way, you won't see me caring about it, but knowing I'm in the minority with my opinion on GTA IV, I hope Rockstar show thier fans more respect if they were to re-master it, unlike what they have done with The Trilogy.

Edited by Shagger

On 11/26/2021 at 10:41 PM, Kane99 said:

I know I am. Especially after the disaster that was the recent GTA Trilogy remaster. I've been looking forward to a possible GTA IV remaster since that was announced. 

But, if they do a remaster, they really need to take their time with it. It was clear the team behind the remaster trilogy was rushed to meet a release date, as this game was clearly not ready for release. Just watch the many videos of problems on YouTube. 

Anyway, I think Rockstar will have to take it slow going forward with any remaster they do, because they will be criticized even more if they fail to make something playable. 

It was the one that Rockstar contracted a third party company to do for them right? It was always going to be a trash work. 

1 hour ago, Empire said:

it just needs to be optimized on pc and updated in a SMALL WAY with a few small quality of life updates (bringing the stuff like mission checkpoints & mission replay from TBOGT to mainline IV and TLAD)

They would simply ignore what they are supposed to be doing and be doing another thing all together. Let's up they finish the optimization that's needed on PC. 

On 11/26/2021 at 5:32 PM, Shagger said:

I understand why people are concerned about this given how "The Trilogy" was handled. however, for one to feel concerned about how well Rockstar and Take Two would handle a GTA IV remaster, one has to recognise there there actually was something to ruin in the first place. I don't.

I hated GTA IV. It was a fussy, annoying, humourless chore of a game, nothing like the PS2 era games. I know the Rockstar and Take Two couldn't care less about the quality of "remasters", they made that perfectly clear, so even if I liked GTA IV I still wouldn't want a "remaster" because they would cock it up. So either way, you won't see me caring about it, but knowing I'm in the minority with my opinion on GTA IV, I hope Rockstar show thier fans more respect if they were to r-master it, unlike what they have done with The Trilogy.

I'm kinda in the same boat about GTA IV. The games before it, were campy fun, and it was clear they didn't take it super serious, but GTA IV and V on the other hand, started to get too realistic/serious. Gone is the campiness of past games. On top of that, the series didn't really innovate all that much to be honest. 

On 11/26/2021 at 5:59 PM, Justin11 said:

Rockstar let us down in the remastered trilogy version, which didn't go as we hoped for. It's simply a disaster indeed. They can simply take off the GTA IV and remaster it, to wipe away the shame of the trilogy edition which didn't go as planned. 

It was a lazy effort, that's for sure. But I think if they do happen to remaster GTA IV, which is looking more and more like a possibility with recent rumors of RDR1 possibly getting one (they better not break that one) as well. They can't afford to mess up next time. 

8 hours ago, Heatman said:

It was the one that Rockstar contracted a third party company to do for them right? It was always going to be a trash work. 

Yes and no. I believe the studio is under Rockstar and Take-Two's umbrella. The studio is called Grove Street Games, they worked on the mobile ports of GTA games in the past, and also seem to do other mobile ports for Rockstar and other studios. 

I was hoping they wouldn't use the mobile versions and port those. It's just lazy work, simple as that. And I feel like they will do the same with GTA IV. But this time around, they don't have a mobile game to go back off of, unless they first make a mobile version of GTA IV. 

6 hours ago, Empire said:

it just needs to be optimized on pc and updated in a SMALL WAY with a few small quality of life updates (bringing the stuff like mission checkpoints & mission replay from TBOGT to mainline IV and TLAD)

Oh you mean GTA IV. I thought you were referring to the remastered trilogy. 😄 There's still a lot of fixes that game needs unfortunately. But in regards to GTA IV, it should be fairly easy to remaster it, at least I hope so. 

3 hours ago, Kane99 said:

It was a lazy effort, that's for sure. But I think if they do happen to remaster GTA IV, which is looking more and more like a possibility with recent rumors of RDR1 possibly getting one (they better not break that one) as well. They can't afford to mess up next time.

Let's see how it goes, if Rockstar will come to think of it, since it's looking increasingly possible that they'll remaster the GTA IV as makeshift for the failed trilogy version. 

On 11/29/2021 at 7:10 PM, Kane99 said:

Oh you mean GTA IV. I thought you were referring to the remastered trilogy. 😄 There's still a lot of fixes that game needs unfortunately. But in regards to GTA IV, it should be fairly easy to remaster it, at least I hope so. 

ALready are if you think about it from normal people that made mods for it 😛 But it's still very unstable game even when at release. 

I seriously doubt they do one unfortunately. However, if they did, I wouldn't be too worried about it. The trilogy remaster was a mess because they decided to hand it off to a company that can't seem to develop games properly. GTA IV would be done in-house and I will always have faith in the Rockstar devs to do a good job.

GTA 4 is a bit gloomy and depressing. It needs a bit of life in there. Brighten up the streets and improve the color. It seems every time I play it, it's always too dark. The driving mechanics slides too much when you brake. The fighting is completely asinine. But the story is pretty good. The game greatly lacks the humor GTA 5 has. So lighten it up a bit  in every way if they remaster it. 

10 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

GTA 4 is a bit gloomy and depressing. It needs a bit of life in there. Brighten up the streets and improve the color. It seems every time I play it, it's always too dark. The driving mechanics slides too much when you brake. The fighting is completely asinine. But the story is pretty good. The game greatly lacks the humor GTA 5 has. So lighten it up a bit  in every way if they remaster it. 

Yeah I agree about that. GTA IV was a major change for the series. GTA SA was a blast because at times it was campy and dumb. And that's what GTA used to be. It didn't take itself so seriously. So when IV came out and was all serious, it felt like the series kinda changed too much. 

If they do remaster it, I don't see them changing any of the story. 

26 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

Yeah I agree about that. GTA IV was a major change for the series. GTA SA was a blast because at times it was campy and dumb. And that's what GTA used to be. It didn't take itself so seriously. So when IV came out and was all serious, it felt like the series kinda changed too much. 

If they do remaster it, I don't see them changing any of the story. 

That's interesting. I don't know the history of GTA; but I am now aware that GTA went dark in 4. It isn't as much captivating as 5. 

On 11/29/2021 at 8:10 PM, Kane99 said:

I was hoping they wouldn't use the mobile versions and port those. It's just lazy work, simple as that. And I feel like they will do the same with GTA IV. But this time around, they don't have a mobile game to go back off of, unless they first make a mobile version of GTA IV. 

In the end, their poor and lazy decision on how the game was made turned to bite them back because it's left a big hole in their fans trust.