Register Now
StaceyPowers

What existing video game series do you think will still be around in 50 years?

21 minutes ago, Boblee said:

When they had already released one of the latest game Pac-Man. It sold very well and they are going to capitalize on it to make more money. 

Such will always give them that much needed impression that more money can be made by pushing for it's sales with the latest release of the game. 

7 minutes ago, Head_Hunter said:

Such will always give them that much needed impression that more money can be made by pushing for it's sales with the latest release of the game. 

They have the fans already and the fans want their games, so it's a win win situation for them most of the time. 

9 hours ago, Boblee said:

It's just like how good Pac-Man have been rated for years now and still counting, it's the reason why gamers still look at it. 

I love the latest review on the last released Pac-Man on WatchMojo. I never wanted to get the game but after the review of the game, I changed my mind. 

On 3/28/2022 at 1:23 AM, Boblee said:

They have the fans already and the fans want their games, so it's a win win situation for them most of the time. 

Yeah, their fans have become obsessed with the type of game they're making. Even if the game is low quality they'll be around playing it though. 

On 3/27/2022 at 2:49 PM, Boblee said:

There is a point in what you have just mentioned but it's far better to play a game that highly rated and let it fail then play a low rated game and see it fail as expected. 

Sometimes critics give good reviews and ratings to the games, but the general players do not like the game.

I'll stay alive and healthy in the next 50 years, then I'll give testimony witnessing some of this video games that will stay on up to that moment. It will be great to see younger generation then discussing more about Silent hills, Minecraft, Fortnite, Motor GP and other 3D video games at the time. 

On 4/1/2022 at 9:54 AM, egghead said:

Sometimes critics give good reviews and ratings to the games, but the general players do not like the game.

Personally, I don't mind criticism at all, as long as it's a constructive criticism with a good foundation for one to build on. 

i think none, considering that there are some rumors about GTA 6 being the last one in the series and considering also that lot of game series disappeared previously 😞 but who knows, if milking goes right, then some surprise might happen

On 12/9/2021 at 5:25 AM, Kane99 said:

Had a blast playing it with my brother. I remember my sister and mom showed it to me back then. 

I think every game in the near future could potentially be doing the live service thing. GTA already does it with their online mode now, so it'll happen for their future games. Games like Fortnite don't need to charge you, and they make tons each year. With sports games, they will also be doing the live service thing. I wish instead they'd release one game for each sport, and release updates yearly or monthly. 

With how gaming companies are going these days, who knows how long they'll be around. Companies constantly keep making dumb decisions, saying dumb things and more. A lot can happen in 50 years. 

Hmm that's true though.. 50 years is no joke. But I'm certain some games will be available in 50 years to come.