Jump to content
Register Now
Kane99

Has anyone lashed out at you for beating them in a game?

Recommended Posts

Have you ever encountered a person in real life who takes video games way too seriously when played with friends or in a group?

I had friends like that and I even have yelled at friends when they end up besting me in a game. I used to like to challenge people to games, but i found with sports games, I get really mad if I lose. It's why I don't usually play sports games against anyone. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So many, I never got to that level, but I was really close, really really close and it was scary. I don't game that much anymore. The problem is the stress you create for yourself, and it's just not good for your health.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I played someone in a fighting game on SNES once when I was younger, and absolutely slaughtered them. I don't remember if it was SF2, MK, or KI. But hey was so pissed at a girl beating him that he stormed off cussing and yelling that the game had fucked up and caused him to lose. Needless to say, he never played against me again, because he KNEW that the game was going to fuck up again.

It's just as funny now as it was then. And I'm so rusty at this point at fighting games, that a chicken could beat my ass.

Edited by The Blackangel
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I played someone in a fighting game on SNES once when I was younger, and absolutely slaughtered them. I don't remember if it was SF2, MK, or KI. But hey was so pissed at a girl beating him that he stormed off cussing and yelling that the game had fucked up and caused him to lose. Needless to say, he never played against me again, because he KNEW that the game was going to fuck up again.

It's just as funny now as it was then. And I'm so rusty at this point at fighting games, that a chicken could beat my ass.

Haha nice. That's awesome. I love when people get angry like that. Makes it even more fun when you beat someone. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

For years I was competitive. Way too competitive. 
I have gotten way less competitive over the years and hardly competitive anymore.
I gamed for years after I was a kid then stopped for years. Just started back up not that long ago. 
I got in quite a fit when I lost as a kid a teenager and very little into adulthood.  I look back and think of how ridiculous that was. 
I have grown and gotten wiser over the years. I also have gain huge control of my temper. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not even lasted out on me, I fought severally as a child with my best friends over a game that brought conflict due to tantrums that was pouring out from our mouths. I came at on top that very day, and it was with MK edition one, they were surprised though seeing my Character downing theirs. The thing made them becoming so angry with me and started saying shits around me, it got out of hand, and resulted in children fight, lol. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Used to happen a lot when I used to beat people in sports games like Fifa. My cousin used to go ballistic because he was such a sore loser - But then again, I used to beat people by like 8-0 and other ridiculous scorelines so maybe that's why.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, egghead said:

I once beat my uncle in a game of chess. My uncle was very offended because he taught me how to ply the chess.

xD, it is normal to grow unhappy when someone you taught suddenly defeats you. I don't blame your uncle for that, that's normal for gamers especially when you feel superior to the gamer because you thought him how to play. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/6/2022 at 7:52 PM, killamch89 said:

Used to happen a lot when I used to beat people in sports games like Fifa. My cousin used to go ballistic because he was such a sore loser - But then again, I used to beat people by like 8-0 and other ridiculous scorelines so maybe that's why.

xD, you're harsh, why will you go on to play someone 8-0 and you feel the person wouldn't lash out at you? definitely the opposite number will lash at you. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/10/2022 at 3:42 AM, Head_Hunter said:

xD, it is normal to grow unhappy when someone you taught suddenly defeats you. I don't blame your uncle for that, that's normal for gamers especially when you feel superior to the gamer because you thought him how to play. 

I taught the same game to my younger brother and he beat. He wanted to make a fun of me but I boasted by telling him what a good teacher I am. 😄

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×
×
  • Create New...