Register Now
Shole

Is building your own pc really hard?

Upgrading a PC might be tricky depending on the PC that you're looking to upgrade, especially it it was a pre-built, store bought machine. There are people on VGR who could guide you, but we would need more information;

• Like I said, we need to know about the current state of that computer. It's spec's, was it hand built or a pre-built PC, what kind of mother board it has, the wattage of the power supply, the size of the case, as much info as you can provide.
  • We need to know what you want out of the finished PC after the upgrade and what specs you want., and most importantly
  • A budget.

Anything and everything you can tell us.

10 minutes ago, Crazycrab said:

We'll need to know a couple of things:

1. What specs does he currently have if you know them?
  2. What's your budget?

It has some nvidia graphic card, 8gb ram , i3 procesor I have not much info on it tbh, didn't check it that much :D budget is aroudn 300-500 USD

8 minutes ago, Shagger said:

Upgrading a PC might be tricky depending on the PC that you're looking to upgrade, especially it it was a pre-built, store bought machine. There are people on VGR who could guide you, but we would need more information;

• Like I said, we need to know about the current state of that computer. It's spec's, was it hand built or a pre-built PC, what kind of mother board it has, the wattage of the power supply, the size of the case, as much info as you can provide.
  • We need to know what you want out of the finished PC after the upgrade and what specs you want., and most importantly
  • A budget.

Anything and everything you can tell us.

I will check the specs when I get home :D

I want to have a mid-tier gaming pc

budget 300-500 usd

You're going to be looking at a pretty good chunk of money to upgrade that. I would start off getting more RAM for it first and go from there. That would be your cheapest option to start most likely.

If you were building an old PC for old games (think Win98 era) I could help you with that. But with PC's now you're looking at a lot of money, and some super tech parts. According to @Shagger our resident tech guru is @Crazycrab so I would listen to him. These days I'm lucky that I can even turn the damn thing on. Hell, I can be entertained by the neon rings on the front of my computer. What they're there for and what they do, I don't have a god damn clue. But they're nevertheless entertaining.

16 hours ago, skyfire said:

I think for 500 USD it goes more in the range of entry level and not mid tier. Mid tier ones start from 700 USD onwards if I am not wrong. But then again varies based on your spec demand. What is your mid tier could be entry level for others. 

500 USD might be enough to get a mid range GPU IF the CPU, RAM and I think most importantly power supply don't need to changed to avoid bottlenecks.

@Shole, this is why we need more details in order help you.  If your unsure how to find out the information try using DxDiag if you have access to the machine.  To start DxDiag click on the Start button and type DxDiag into the search bar then select it.

From there you either can share screenshots of the system and display tabs like these:

directx-diagnostic-tool.png

Check-Your-Graphics-Card-in-Windows-10-u

Or click the "Save All Information" at the bottom which will create a text file that you can upload as an attachment on your next post.  Either one should get the information we need to make some conclusions.  The only other thing we might need in the rating of the power supply which should be written on it.

On 12/28/2021 at 5:58 PM, Shole said:

It has some nvidia graphic card, 8gb ram , i3 procesor I have not much info on it tbh, didn't check it that much :D budget is aroudn 300-500 USD

I think i3 is still relevant depending on which generation we are  talking about. it's not super ancient even then like Pentium 4 level old. so what generation i3 are we talking about?

On 12/30/2021 at 5:56 PM, Kane99 said:

Also keep in mind that prices for parts are crazy high right now due to shortges. You'll probably be spending a lot with how things are right now. 

Good point from what I have heard this will continue till 2023. 

Hardest part is picking what you want, in my opinion. Than realize that you will likely have some teething issues - I just finished my build and started up to a bios error. Turns out I didn't properly seat my memory. Re seat it, restart, works fine.

So many issues can be solved just by unplug and re plug.

On 12/30/2021 at 7:26 AM, Kane99 said:

Also keep in mind that prices for parts are crazy high right now due to shortges. You'll probably be spending a lot with how things are right now. 

Was just about to mention this very same fact - To be honest, it's not really that hard to build a PC. You just need the right components for your budget and watch a few tutorials on YouTube and he should be up and running in no time.

On 1/1/2022 at 2:18 AM, skyfire said:

Good point from what I have heard this will continue till 2023. 

I imagine it will continue till then. Hopefully not too much longer though, because I wouldn't mind building myself a more suped up gaming PC one of these days. 

On 2/11/2022 at 12:38 AM, Kane99 said:

I imagine it will continue till then. Hopefully not too much longer though, because I wouldn't mind building myself a more suped up gaming PC one of these days. 

Trying to do that right now but the prices for parts are really killing me right now and I heard that SSDs are going to go up in price AGAIN.