Register Now
reecedouglas1

Post your unpopular opinions ?

On 2/22/2022 at 12:45 PM, Techno said:

@Heatman

You are absolutely right about deradicalization not working on some people. The problem would then be where to put them. You couldn't just let them on the platform, but we can't just let them out into the deeper parts of the web, you've most certainly seen how toxic and hateful the surface web is, just imagine how bad the deep web is. I think when it comes to these type of people, there wouldn't be a answer that wouldn't involve some extreme measures. To be honest, I don't have the answers to that. I more of an optimist in people. We most certainly need to have a deeper conversation on this.

I spend a lot of time on the dark web. Things down there are volatile to say the least. With every politician, especially the top government officials like a president or prime minister, there are a lot of assassination discussions down there. Some, I'm sure, are more of a plot and recruitment to actually try. I don't get involved in those discussions. The last thing I need is the feds knocking my door down. But aside from these kind of things, there are worse things down that than I can even mention. Not only would it violate the rules of VGR, but it would violate my own personal tenets and possibly even be illegal. Needless to say, if you aren't numb to the world, stay the hell away from the DW.

3 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

I spend a lot of time on the dark web. Things down there are volatile to say the least. With every politician, especially the top government officials like a president or prime minister, there are a lot of assassination discussions down there. Some, I'm sure, are more of a plot and recruitment to actually try. I don't get involved in those discussions. The last thing I need is the feds knocking my door down. But aside from these kind of things, there are worse things down that than I can even mention. Not only would it violate the rules of VGR, but it would violate my own personal tenets and possibly even be illegal. Needless to say, if you aren't numb to the world, stay the hell away from the DW.

Why would anyone wish to spend time down there? Only useful thing there would be leaked documents, and even that is faked most of the time.

The allure is mainly there because things are so different. You can see things there that you would never see on the surface web. I can tell you right now that snuff films are real. I've seen many down there. Mainly cartels killing narcs. They seem to prefer decapitations. The forums down there are often centered around things that even I won't go near. But some are centered around things that I enjoy talking about so I post on a few. I use more than one VPN and set them all to different locations from each others. My webcam is a USB connect that I can unplug any time. I use a TV as a monitor so there's no webcam installed on it. I'm also fairly well ghosted online. Those are some of the precautions that you need to take if you ever have any intent on going down there. You also need to first find a gate, and be able to navigate onion.

On 3/2/2022 at 12:12 AM, Heatman said:

Football Managers should be allowed to take the 12th penalty when it gets to that point in the shootout. 

Lol, imagine some managers who are into their 70ies like roy hodgson having to take a penalty?

Edited by Yaramaki

14 hours ago, kingpotato said:

sand hockey, but I guess 90% of the game will be people with metal detectors looking for the hockey disc in the sand...

metal-detection-on-beach.jpg

Haha, that's so hilarious. Just look at all of them with their tool 😂

23 hours ago, kingpotato said:

sand hockey, but I guess 90% of the game will be people with metal detectors looking for the hockey disc in the sand...

metal-detection-on-beach.jpg

With all those people in such a small area, anything that could have been found already has been found. The only thing that could have been missed has to be the size of a simple stud earring. Unless it has sentimental value, go to the fucking store and get another one. Also the discrimination would have to be set so high that they wouldn't find anything anyway, or all they would pick up is other people's detectors. They're not made of plastic. I've had a few, and while fun to play with, they will pick up a bottle cap from 10' away unless you set a high discrimination.

31 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

With all those people in such a small area, anything that could have been found already has been found. The only thing that could have been missed has to be the size of a simple stud earring. Unless it has sentimental value, go to the fucking store and get another one. Also the discrimination would have to be set so high that they wouldn't find anything anyway, or all they would pick up is other people's detectors. They're not made of plastic. I've had a few, and while fun to play with, they will pick up a bottle cap from 10' away unless you set a high discrimination.

I always wondered how accurate those things are? Like does it tell you if its a big or small item or does it just point to everything that is made of metal regardless of the size?

9 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

I always wondered how accurate those things are? Like does it tell you if its a big or small item or does it just point to everything that is made of metal regardless of the size?

It starts beeping. It doesn't really tell you how big or small the item is. At least none that I have ever seen had that feature/ability.

2 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

It starts beeping. It doesn't really tell you how big or small the item is. At least none that I have ever seen had that feature/ability.

That sounds very impractical, so basically you can spend your whole day finding bottle caps and pennies, did you ever found anything valuable while using a metal detector ?