Register Now
The Blackangel

Things that more than enrage you in games

What are some things that set you off so bad that the only thing that would help is to kill someone or something? The ones I’m going to list are all from RDR2 because I’m playing it right now and it’s pissing me off to the point that I just need to kill something IRL. That or grab my hammer and put my head on the table. Find out how many hits it takes to either give me a stutter or knock my ass out, whichever comes first. All of these are related to hunting.

Lets count down, shall we?

3) When you have a perfect shot on an animal and as you finger is moving to pull the trigger the mother fucker moves and you either miss, or hit it but ruin the hide.
2) When you have to tell the idiot more than once to drop bait and more than once to apply scent cover lotion.

And the number one thing that pisses me off is my horse. Its reaction to predators. Bears, wolves, snakes, etc. she runs like hell from them. All predators. Except cougars. It doesn’t matter how fast you’re going or how far away from it you are. If one comes up the horse will literally stop running, throw your ass, then run off. It doesn’t matter how big or what breed of horse you have. The reaction to predators is universal. Yet coyotes and foxes don’t mean shit. They react to them the same way they react to a damn fish.

There was a fourth thing, but I’m so damn pissed off right now that I’ve forgotten what it is. If I didn’t need this hide I would have said “fuck it” long ago, assuming I ever even bothered with it in the first place. I’m so pissed off I’m literally about to puke.

4 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

What are some things that set you off so bad that the only thing that would help is to kill someone or something?

3) When you have a perfect shot on an animal and as you finger is moving to pull the trigger the mother fucker moves and you either miss, or hit it but ruin the hide.

I know very well that can get one really frustrated especially when it happens on more than one occasion. But as frustrating as it can be, your explanation is very funny to say the least. The animal obviously didn't want to die yet eeh 😂.. 

15 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

What are some things that set you off so bad that the only thing that would help is to kill someone or something? The ones I’m going to list are all from RDR2 because I’m playing it right now and it’s pissing me off to the point that I just need to kill something IRL. That or grab my hammer and put my head on the table. Find out how many hits it takes to either give me a stutter or knock my ass out, whichever comes first. All of these are related to hunting.

Lets count down, shall we?

2) When you have to tell the idiot more than once to drop bait and more than once to apply scent cover lotion.

And the number one thing that pisses me off is my horse. Its reaction to predators. Bears, wolves, snakes, etc. she runs like hell from them. All predators. Except cougars. It doesn’t matter how fast you’re going or how far away from it you are. If one comes up the horse will literally stop running, throw your ass, then run off. It doesn’t matter how big or what breed of horse you have. The reaction to predators is universal. Yet coyotes and foxes don’t mean shit. They react to them the same way they react to a damn fish.

There was a fourth thing, but I’m so damn pissed off right now that I’ve forgotten what it is. If I didn’t need this hide I would have said “fuck it” long ago, assuming I ever even bothered with it in the first place. I’m so pissed off I’m literally about to puke.

Yeah rdr2 has some dumb things going for it. The controls have been weighty since the first game. Idk why, but it seems Rockstar has to make character movement slow and awkward at times. 

Also, if you have trouble with shooting, try turning off the auto aim and try free aim. I know sometimes when you aim on something it will sometimes aim on another enemy if they run close to you. Turning it off may help. 

3 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Yeah rdr2 has some dumb things going for it. The controls have been weighty since the first game. Idk why, but it seems Rockstar has to make character movement slow and awkward at times. 

Also, if you have trouble with shooting, try turning off the auto aim and try free aim. I know sometimes when you aim on something it will sometimes aim on another enemy if they run close to you. Turning it off may help. 

Seriously, there are some times that I get to reason if it's a glitch that causes that which I'm not sure at all. 

On 1/3/2022 at 4:12 PM, Techno said:

You ever been glued to a game, spending hours of your time playing it? I did, I played a game for seven hours straight, I was going to beat it and the ending was trash, it wasn't even finished if you'd ask me. I still don't trust most games after that.

That's whole lots of time you spent trying to finish the game that ended in a damn way for you. What's the name of the game? 

4 minutes ago, Head_Hunter said:

That's whole lots of time you spent trying to finish the game that ended in a damn way for you. What's the name of the game? 

I think it was Halo 5, I didn't realize at the time how bad the game truly was. And just like Halo 2 it ended in a cliffhanger. But instead of it being cool, it just sucked. Like, looking back at it now, I only rushed it just to say I played every Halo game. But Halo 5 is awful. Do not play it.

Another thing that bugs me in video games, is when games don't have a manual save option. Or a save option that you can only get in certain areas. Give me a manual save for all of my games, so that I can save anywhere I want. I've had too many problems in the past with auto saves not working, so I've gotten into the habit of manually saving each time I think it's needed. Because you can never 100% trust the auto save features these days. 

5 hours ago, Techno said:

I think it was Halo 5, I didn't realize at the time how bad the game truly was. And just like Halo 2 it ended in a cliffhanger. But instead of it being cool, it just sucked. Like, looking back at it now, I only rushed it just to say I played every Halo game. But Halo 5 is awful. Do not play it.

This is exactly what happens when you get to rush playing your games. It never ends well for you and you would lose your full satisfaction with playing the game. 

17 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I have no trouble shooting. I've been able to pick off deer from insane distances. I can also hit them in the head while they're running. Not just deer, but small animals like squirrels as well. I don't use the aim assist very often because I'm using either a trick shot or I'm too far away from the animal for aim assist to kick in.

4 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Another thing that bugs me in video games, is when games don't have a manual save option. Or a save option that you can only get in certain areas. Give me a manual save for all of my games, so that I can save anywhere I want. I've had too many problems in the past with auto saves not working, so I've gotten into the habit of manually saving each time I think it's needed. Because you can never 100% trust the auto save features these days. 

I can't stand autosave. It only saves when you're in the middle of something important, like a gunfight against 10 enemies, throws that damn screen up that tells you autosave has saved your game, and thus causes you to fucking die. The first time I had to deal with that shit I said hell no, and turned it off.

I don't like that at the end of NASCAR Dirt to Daytona career mode, all that you get is a still shot of two Ford Tauruses crashing into each other.  I won 1,084 races for that?  Seriously, I expect more.  Give me a music video like at the end of Test Drive 5.  Give me a congratulatory message from two racing commentators.  Or even give me a race or two in a special mode like at the end of GT1, just give me more than an illustration of two Tauruses crashing.

11 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Seriously, auto saves is a pain in the ass big time because it keeps messing up with gameplay saves when you don't need it.