Register Now
StaceyPowers

Square Enix president Yosuke Matsuda talks about NFTs

What's an NFT?

Oh, hello sirs, madam's... idiots, I'm not choosy, have I got a deal for you! I have, for you, a clock! A very nice clock. This clock!

_methode_times_prod_web_bin_7023ff3c-a356-11e9-a6f9-8847b0c7b91c.thumb.jpg.236b39f2c1d78ab037d48cb9f19846c6.jpg

And I offer you this clock, that will totally be yours. You'll even have a receipt to prove it, see;

189159411_totallyyourclock.thumb.jpg.8fd5d9370d068dc4a87ccae806947674.jpg

Now, I will confess, this isn't the most practical of clocks so you won't be able to take it with you, bring it home, charge people to look at it or do... pretty much anything with it. Hell, I myself don't even own it, but what's important is that it will be YOUR clock for the bargain price of $3000. Hell, for an extra $2000, I'll throw if this delightful celling!

Sistina-interno.thumb.jpg.53ff222eff2990dff8c60cb2041b4c13.jpg

Form an orderly cue, I can sell you all the clock.

Seriously, buy this clock from me.

While playing axie, karastar I realize the NFT is never yours, you just rent it to play the game and you stop playing you lose it mentally and require game to survive forever to own the NFT. Which is not worth it be it on the blockchain or the off the blockchain. 

14 minutes ago, m76 said:

If you read the whole brainfart you realize this is basically his evil manifesto. It is so bad on so many levels besides NFTs that only an international supervillain could've come up with it.

I thought the exact same thing. He basically said that gaming is becoming more decentralized to give incentive for people to spend money to make the gaming environment run itself. I don’t know what part of that makes the least sense or maybe I interpreted the villainous wording wrong. Too many hints there and not one direct explanation. 

This is disgusting. These studios just keep finding ways to be more greedy. Aren't microtransactions enough? Loot boxes? Now we are adding nfts to games because monies? It's like these companies don't understand how awful they look to the gamers and the community.  It's quite sad. 

56 minutes ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

I thought the exact same thing. He basically said that gaming is becoming more decentralized to give incentive for people to spend money to make the gaming environment run itself. I don’t know what part of that makes the least sense or maybe I interpreted the villainous wording wrong. Too many hints there and not one direct explanation. 

For one he doesn't understand the idea of "playing for fun" and views it with contempt. He thinks that people should play for profits, so he wants gamers to be like wow gold farmers.

Then he thinks modding is bad because there are no financial incentives involved. Never mind that bethesda has been obliterated when they tried to implement a pay for mods system. Modding is great because modders make things they think would be nice to have in games, not things they think they can make a quick buck off of.

Edited by m76