Register Now
kingpotato

"PlayStation Infinite", Confirmed as Plus Essential, Extra, Premium and Deluxe -June 2022

6 hours ago, Darth said:

There are rumours that PlayStation will officially announce it this week so hopefully that is true. It will be interesting to see what they have come up with and whether it will actually be able to rival the Game Pass. I doubt it but at a cheaper price, it might be worth subscribing to for a few months every year.

Unfortunately it wouldn't be for rest of the world users. Xbox gamepass is for everyone, at least they'll be more prouder with that maligned feature.

17 hours ago, Darth said:

There are rumours that PlayStation will officially announce it this week so hopefully that is true. It will be interesting to see what they have come up with and whether it will actually be able to rival the Game Pass. I doubt it but at a cheaper price, it might be worth subscribing to for a few months every year.

Gamepass will always have an edge in my opinion because they have been in the service for years now. It will take a while for PS Infinite to be considered a rival. 

3 minutes ago, Darth said:

Here you go everyone, it has finally been announced. Personally, it doesn't seem too impressive to me at the moment so I will probably be sticking to the normal tier of PS Plus (or whichever one is the equivalent of the current one). 

I don't think it's something that would be out so big but with time, it's most likely going to get better along the line. 

So yeah its finally out after many months of waiting and rumors. So basically its going to be 3 tiers:

-Plus Essential: Which is pretty much the same price and service of the current PS Plus service, Monthly games, Online gaming and discounts Price 9.99 monthly 39.99 Yearly USA

-Plus Extra : (This is the one that I liked the most ) Same features as before but this one includes over 400 games from PS4 and PS5 that can be downloaded , Price 14.99 Monthly 99.99 Yearly

-Plus Premium: Adds the same features as before and this one is basically the combination of PS Now and Ps Plus and will have access to cloud gaming so you can play PS1, PS2, PSP and PS3 games but only through streaming. Now this service still only applies to the same countries were PS Now was available before so this service will not be available to all countries due to the quality of internet service Price 17.99 Monthly Yearly 119.99

-Plus Deluxe: This is the one for me xD This service is only for markets were cloud gaming or streaming is not that all possible, like Latin america and other countries. Essentally it will have the same features as Plus premium except for cloud gaming , there will be a small selection of games to download from PS1, PS2 and PSP (so no ps3 games😢) and of course it will be cheaper. I dont know the price in other countries but at least here in Latin america it will be 11.99 monthly and 76.99 yearly

https://blog.playstation.com/2022/03/29/all-new-playstation-plus-launches-in-june-with-700-games-and-more-value-than-ever/

29 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

done its on the game news section

I don't think this need a new thread. Yes, there is some official info out now, but it's a still a discussion about the same thing. What I'll do is merge the new thread into this thread then change the title of this one as this is the original.

Edited by Shagger

Just now, Shagger said:

I don't this this need a new thread. Yeas, there is some official info out now, but it's a still a discussion about the same thing. What I'll do is merge the new thread into this thread then change the title of this one as this is the original.

I think that the title still fits the purpose, so having it merge would seem to be the best possible way forward. 

@kingpotato I've merged the threads and edited the title of the original post to show a more "up-to-date" title. I also copied what was the opening post of the thread into it so that all the information is available on the opening post. Let me know if you're happy with the changes and inform me of any amendments you wish to make.

@Heatman is is necessary to change the thread title and anyone who does an internet search for forum thread detailing "Plus Essential", for example, will be directed to the correct thread. A thread title also forum the thread's URL, so it has to be accurate. Good advice for everyone, put thought into the title of any threads you start.

12 minutes ago, Shagger said:

I don't this this need a new thread. Yes, there is some official info out now, but it's a still a discussion about the same thing. What I'll do is merge the new thread into this thread then change the title of this one as this is the original.

The reason why I made a new thread is because this original one already has a whole bunch of unrelated comments and I felt that if I added a new comment with the updated information this would get lost in the comments. So thats why I decided to start a new thread alltoguether. I had prefer that you had lock this thread instead and allow the new one to continue

Just now, Shagger said:

@kingpotato I've merged the threads and edited the title of the original post to show a more "up-to-date" title. I also copied what was the opening post of the thread into it so that all the information is available on the opening post. Let me know if you're happy with the changes and inform me of any amendments you wish to make.

@Heatman is is necessary to change the thread title and anyone who does an internet search for forum thread detailing "Plus Essential", for example, will be directed to the correct thread. A thread title also forum the thread's URL, so it has to be accurate. Good advice for everyone, put thought into the title of any threads you start.

If you think that it's necessary to change it and from how it's been structured, I get your point now. It helps to narrow down the search very easily for users looking for it.