Register Now
tdbnz

Do you own a PlayStation 5?

We didn't as said by my original post. But we do now. We got one a couple days ago from a guy selling it on Craigslist. He included 3 games with it. The whole thing cost $600. He got it through prepurchase thinking he would play it, but said his heart was in PC gaming and he just didn't play it. So we jumped on it. The retail for the console itself is $500, but the 3 games on top of that would have easily put the whole combination close to, if not over $700. So we got a hell of a deal.

5 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

We didn't as said by my original post. But we do now. We got one a couple days ago from a guy selling it on Craigslist. He included 3 games with it. The whole thing cost $600. He got it through prepurchase thinking he would play it, but said his heart was in PC gaming and he just didn't play it. So we jumped on it. The retail for the console itself is $500, but the 3 games on top of that would have easily put the whole combination close to, if not over $700. So we got a hell of a deal.

Wow, that's one hell of a good sweet deal you got there being that you can hardly see PS5 anywhere but you even got it with 3 games. Your Christmas came early. 

She got a great deal after purchase of PS5, here at my own end, it isn't possible that way, you just have to splash the money for you to get a used one not even brand new. A used one was around $950 when I checked at an online store in my region, which is frustrating indeed. 

8 hours ago, Justin11 said:

I will wait until I see PS5 getting to $400, by then I'll purchase it with discount, that's how I feel, but I'm not putting my mind there. If I have much more funds I will not think much about it's price I will go for it. 

That's definitely going to be a very long wait for you to get that. Unless you get that lucky and have someone who decides to sell off his own. 

On 4/9/2022 at 6:16 PM, egghead said:

I don't own a PlaayStation5. It is beyond my budget. I cannot pay $1000 for a gaming console.

Yet you can 1400$ for a laptop 😉

Since when does a ps5 costs 1000$, i don't know what world you live in but the one i live it costs 499 euro. That's half what you mentioned, seriously stop bringing up these scalper prices, if somebody pays 1000$ that's their problem the only way i see it they are idiots.

You know what it is people are lazy, complaining about it online is easier instead of doing a little effort to call up stores or why not even visiting them and ask if they take preorders for it to try and get one at a normal price.

There was a youtube series where a woman documented how she promised her son to get a ps5 for his bday, she put a little effort into it and managed to get one at a normal price.

2 hours ago, Yaramaki said:

Yet you can 1400$ for a laptop 😉

Since when does a ps5 costs 1000$, i don't know what world you live in but the one i live it costs 499 euro. That's half what you mentioned, seriously stop bringing up these scalper prices, if somebody pays 1000$ that's their problem the only way i see it they are idiots.

You know what it is people are lazy, complaining about it online is easier instead of doing a little effort to call up stores or why not even visiting them and ask if they take preorders for it to try and get one at a normal price.

There was a youtube series where a woman documented how she promised her son to get a ps5 for his bday, she put a little effort into it and managed to get one at a normal price.

I can pay $1400 for laptop, I can even pay $2000 for a laptop but I cannot pay $1000 or even $400 for a console because I work on laptop (I ma a blogger and web designer), I can't work on consoles.

You can't work on consoles due to your choice on using PC to design your websites and blog on your favourite niches. But you can still use your console for that but it be stressful. PS5 can be suitable for web design task, and writing contents too on a blog. You can't tell me that, after costing close to $1,000 you wouldn't use it for tasks like that. 

On 4/12/2022 at 11:55 AM, egghead said:

I can pay $1400 for laptop, I can even pay $2000 for a laptop but I cannot pay $1000 or even $400 for a console because I work on laptop (I ma a blogger and web designer), I can't work on consoles.

I'm having a very similar debate with @skyfire on another thread and I'm long way from convinced that you need $1400 laptop to do web design. On a side note, do you mind posting the specs of you specs of your machine? Thanks. Back to the point, a cheaper laptop that isn't meant for gaming could suit that purposed then buying a PS5 to use for gaming and I'd bet my last penny it would work out less than $1400. True, you would know better tha me what is required out of a computer to do web design, so if you could fill me in on that I'd apricate it.

On 4/12/2022 at 11:55 AM, egghead said:

The purpose and priorities are two different things and it's why you're more willing to spend more on a laptop than on a console. It would even make you more of a PC gamer than a console gamer. But, honestly, PS5 is definitely worth every penny it's been sold. 

On 4/13/2022 at 5:42 PM, Shagger said:

I'm having a very similar debate with @skyfire on another thread and I'm long way from convinced that you need $1400 laptop to do web design. On a side note, do you mind posting the specs of you specs of your machine? Thanks. Back to the point, a cheaper laptop that isn't meant for gaming could suit that purposed then buying a PS5 to use for gaming and I'd bet my last penny it would work out less than $1400. True, you would know better tha me what is required out of a computer to do web design, so if you could fill me in on that I'd apricate it.

I use Dell G15. It is a budget gaming laptop that has 8 GB RAM, 10th Gen Intel processor and GeForce RTX3000 series GPU for graphics.