Register Now
tdbnz

Do you own a PlayStation 5?

On 1/28/2022 at 10:16 AM, tdbnz said:

Hey VGR fans 

Do you have a PlayStation 5 Console? 

If not are you planning on getting one? 

I don't own PlayStation 5 yet but I hope to own one with in the next 7 years 

I don't own one myself, but I am certainly looking forward to having one in the future. For now I still very much enjoying my ps4 gaming console. 😁

Sadly I do not own a PS5, but I wouldn't mind getting one soon, or whenever I can financially afford it. I don't think I necessarily need one though, I feel like the catalog is still kinda small. I have a gaming PC as well, so I honestly don't see a point in rushing to get one, same with the Series X. I'm not seeing anything from either that would push me to purchase them yet anyway, especially since I feel pretty good with what I can get on PC at the moment. 

One of these days though, maybe I'll get one. 🙂 

21 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Sadly I do not own a PS5, but I wouldn't mind getting one soon, or whenever I can financially afford it. I don't think I necessarily need one though, I feel like the catalog is still kinda small. I have a gaming PC as well, so I honestly don't see a point in rushing to get one, same with the Series X. I'm not seeing anything from either that would push me to purchase them yet anyway, especially since I feel pretty good with what I can get on PC at the moment. 

One of these days though, maybe I'll get one. 🙂 

If it's needing one, I definitely need it and in all honesty, the price for it isn't a big problem for me. It's just not available for immediate purchase down here for us. It looks like I'm going to try out getting it from Playstation.com  if I don't have any breakthrough by the end of next month. 

On 1/28/2022 at 5:16 PM, tdbnz said:

Hey VGR fans 

Do you have a PlayStation 5 Console? 

If not are you planning on getting one? 

I don't own PlayStation 5 yet but I hope to own one with in the next 7 years 

Haha honestly I haven't purchased a console since the PS2 xddddd I've played on the PS3 but that was the last gen I've touched. It's crazy to see how far the graphics have came though / the physics.

18 hours ago, Empire Of Sight said:

Haha honestly I haven't purchased a console since the PS2 xddddd I've played on the PS3 but that was the last gen I've touched. It's crazy to see how far the graphics have came though / the physics.

Are you meaning to say that you're still playing on Playstation 2 currently? I held onto my Playstation 2 for a very long before giving it away but I still had my Playstation 4.

On 8/12/2022 at 9:30 AM, Heatman said:

If it's needing one, I definitely need it and in all honesty, the price for it isn't a big problem for me. It's just not available for immediate purchase down here for us. It looks like I'm going to try out getting it from Playstation.com  if I don't have any breakthrough by the end of next month. 

It's not something I really need, but I would love to own one. I could live without it though, as I honestly wouldn't use it that much I think. Since I got a gaming PC, I found I haven't had much interest in console gaming these days. Everything seems to be coming to PC anyway, I just don't see the point so much. 

19 hours ago, Kane99 said:

It's not something I really need, but I would love to own one. I could live without it though, as I honestly wouldn't use it that much I think. Since I got a gaming PC, I found I haven't had much interest in console gaming these days. Everything seems to be coming to PC anyway, I just don't see the point so much. 

You are not the first person that I have heard saying something like this especially when the person is more of a PC gamer. They all find it very difficult to switch from playing on PC to Console which is why I think it is understandable for you since you are more of a PC gamer now. Also, you mentioned not playing more games now. But PS5 is massive in every way, I can't give it up so easily. 

3 hours ago, Heatman said:

You are not the first person that I have heard saying something like this especially when the person is more of a PC gamer. They all find it very difficult to switch from playing on PC to Console which is why I think it is understandable for you since you are more of a PC gamer now. Also, you mentioned not playing more games now. But PS5 is massive in every way, I can't give it up so easily. 

I wouldn't say it's about not being able to go from PC to console. I have no issues gaming on console, but It's more of a matter of being able to afford the console. I can get more use out of my PC than a console these days anyway. But, if I had the money, I would get a PS5 as well. 

19 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I wouldn't say it's about not being able to go from PC to console. I have no issues gaming on console, but It's more of a matter of being able to afford the console. I can get more use out of my PC than a console these days anyway. But, if I had the money, I would get a PS5 as well. 

I get your point perfectly. It's a situation one can't help because you can't have what you can't afford. You would have to make do with what you have and it's going to mean everything to you till things changes otherwise. 

Unfortunately, I don't own a Playstation 5 because I used the money I set aside months ago to handle an emergency medical situation. I play at my friend's place and I must confess that it is one of the best consoles ever made by Sony. 

Yeah, I ordered one a year ago and it only came in about a few months ago. Owning a Playstation used to be this fantasy of mine because I was always stuck with the XBox and PC, while interesting games like Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts were all Playstation exclusives in the past. I would remember checking out Kingdom Hearts screenshots in gaming magazines and got all jealous about it.

Unfortunately, by the time I grew up and could afford a Playstation (my first PS console was the PS Vita, and my first non-handheld console was the PS4 with the red Spider-Man skin), Kingdom Hearts was already ported to the PC and didn't feel that special anymore on a Playstation. It really didn't help that the PS5 didn't have a lot of console exclusives to be worth the purchase, but I bought it anyway because there were certain upcoming Playstation titles I wanted to play... namely the cancelled Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic remake... Sigh. Big L moment. At least there's the upcoming Wolverine game as well as Insomniac's Spider-Man 2. Those Spider-Man games were a big reason I bought the Playstation too because they're still PS-exclusive, and I'm a huge Spider-dork.

Also helps that the PS5 serves as a Blu-ray player as well and I could play not just my Blu-ray movies but also my South Park collection (season 1-20).

My brother (who I share an apartment with) bought one this spring, and it's been really nice. The Demon's Souls remake blew me away so I'm very excited for the future. I think the controller is one of the best I've ever used.

On 8/30/2022 at 1:19 AM, Ajibusu said:

Unfortunately, I don't own a Playstation 5 because I used the money I set aside months ago to handle an emergency medical situation. I play at my friend's place and I must confess that it is one of the best consoles ever made by Sony. 

Sorry to hear that. It always sucks when life gets in the way like that, a similar thing happened to me a while back and it's never fun.