Register Now
StaceyPowers

Do you think VR is over-hyped?

2 hours ago, Heatman said:

Currently, I haven't used it in playing any games apart from experiencing it at the mall where I used it for a few minutes and stopped. 

Why did you stop at a short time bro? You could've continued and experience it full-time, share with us to learn xD. I've heard from people who experienced using it at the cinema watching movies and it feels thou, they're part of the movie acting stars. 

15 hours ago, Boblee said:

Personally, to be very honest with you, I would really consider getting a VR headset now but the cost of it is definitely too steep for me to get into. 

Check the price out if it's available and Joe much it cost at the moment. Such will give you an incite if it is expensive or not. 

20 hours ago, Boblee said:

Personally, to be very honest with you, I would really consider getting a VR headset now but the cost of it is definitely too steep for me to get into. 

An oculus quest is $300 for 128 GB of data. 256 GB is $399 dollars.  It comes with the two touch controller. It's a great price. 
The games are fairly priced.
VS. 
You get an XBOX series S for 300 with 512gb. However, if you add the controllers it costs more of course. 
VR is not overhyped at all and until you experience VR it's hard to understand how immersive VR really is. You feel like you are actually there. 
I play games but also exercise on VR. 
Boxing and hitting targets has strengthened and healed my knee.
The games you actually feel like you are fighting and you are on the character you are playing. 
Don't knock it until you try it. 

Why did you stop at a short time bro? You could've continued and experience it full-time, share with us to learn xD. I've heard from people who experienced using it at the cinema watching movies and it feels thou, they're part of the movie acting stars. 

That is not something I'm not super fond of. I don't go on VR to watch movies. I have watched a couple thought and you do feel like your at the theaters. I prefer being able to snack seeing a screen not on VR. 

3 hours ago, Altair said:

An oculus quest is $300 for 128 GB of data. 256 GB is $399 dollars.  It comes with the two touch controller. It's a great price. 
The games are fairly priced.
VS. 
You get an XBOX series S for 300 with 512gb. However, if you add the controllers it costs more of course. 
VR is not overhyped at all and until you experience VR it's hard to understand how immersive VR really is. You feel like you are actually there. 
I play games but also exercise on VR. 
Boxing and hitting targets has strengthened and healed my knee.
The games you actually feel like you are fighting and you are on the character you are playing. 
Don't knock it until you try it. 

That is not something I'm not super fond of. I don't go on VR to watch movies. I have watched a couple thought and you do feel like your at the theaters. I prefer being able to snack seeing a screen not on VR. 

I'm definitely among the group of gamers who are a big fan of VR. It's defined and something that I would really like to take a stronger footing in the gaming industry. 

13 hours ago, Heatman said:

If VR is overrated, they wouldn't still be making it and it won't be getting all the publicity it's been getting for a while now. 

It is publicly accepted due to its quality. I don't think VR would sell higher, had it been it isn't about the awesome feelings of life around virtual world. 

10 hours ago, NightmareFarm said:

I can see it becoming the norm for gaming within the first half of this decade. Controller headsets were the first step, now we're getting haptic feedback with the PS5, VR is needed for full immersion.

Yes of course, it's how things have been of late. They all get upgraded from time to time into something more robust. 

11 hours ago, NightmareFarm said:

I can see it becoming the norm for gaming within the first half of this decade. Controller headsets were the first step, now we're getting haptic feedback with the PS5, VR is needed for full immersion.

Kind of doubt it, 10 years ago we also tought 3D TV's would become the norm see how that went. Unless VR sets gets cheaper you are not going to get big masses to buy it.

On 2/24/2022 at 8:26 AM, Heatman said:

If VR is overrated, they wouldn't still be making it and it won't be getting all the publicity it's been getting for a while now. 

Maybe i'm looking wrong but i don't really see a whole lot of publicity for Vr to be honest, yes i noticed sony is in the process of making ps5 vr set but that was just a news flash, not an ad. Besides why would they market it for a console you can't even buy the "normal" way.

5 minutes ago, Yaramaki said:

Kind of doubt it, 10 years ago we also tought 3D TV's would become the norm see how that went. Unless VR sets gets cheaper you are not going to get big masses to buy it.

The cost of VR headset is a big factor in its slow sales and usage in playing video games. If it were to sell for a cheaper price, most gamers would get it. 

2 hours ago, Yaramaki said:

Maybe i'm looking wrong but i don't really see a whole lot of publicity for Vr to be honest, yes i noticed sony is in the process of making ps5 vr set but that was just a news flash, not an ad. Besides why would they market it for a console you can't even buy the "normal" way.

That's because you needed to buy an entire different and expensive TV for that experience whereas with VR you just have the headset.

VR headset sales have started growing rapidly from last year as well:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/653390/worldwide-virtual-and-augmented-reality-headset-shipments/

I

I don't think it was overhyped at all. If anything I think VR is getting better. I originally thought it'd be like 3D tvs, where it was a fad for a while and then went away again. 3D tvs seem to be that, where they come and go and come again. But VR seems to have stayed and is getting better. It's not a fad anymore.