Register Now
NightmareFarm

Top 5 favourite JRPGs?

• NieR: Automata (Replicant is good too, but I prefer Automata)
  • Final Fantasy Pixel Remasters (loving them so far, the remastered OST is amazing! can't wait for 4-6 to come out)
  • Trials of Mana (really hope they start making more Mana games in the 3D style)
  • Dragon Quest XI (classic JRPG goodness)
  • Final Fantasy VII Remake (really well done, even if it is only the first 5 hours of the original game stretched into a 50 hour game)

26 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

Jrpg's dude, as in Japanese RPGs like Final fantasy 7 remake or Persona 5, most of what you mentioned are not JRPGs

I don't even know you talked about Japanese RPGs. I don't even care much about country's kind of game. I was thinking is worldwide RPGs. I felt earlier before adding my comment, that the word 'JRPG is a typo, not knowing you're referencing to Japanese kind of role playing games. Are you a Japanese descent? 

2 minutes ago, Head_Hunter said:

I don't even know you talked about Japanese RPGs. I don't even care much about country's kind of game. I was thinking is worldwide RPGs. I felt earlier before adding my comment, that the word 'JRPG is a typo, not knowing you're referencing to Japanese kind of role playing games. Are you a Japanese descent? 

JRPG is a Role Playing Game that was made in Japan, not refering to worldwide rpgs. And no...

On 2/26/2022 at 5:03 AM, NightmareFarm said:

My list:

1) Final Fantasy X

2) Final Fantasy XII

3) Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition

4) Final Fantasy XV

5) Fire Emblem Awakening

Basically, it's all Final Fantasy series that makes your top list of favorite JRPGS. 

7 hours ago, Heatman said:

Basically, it's all Final Fantasy series that makes your top list of favorite JRPGS. 

Yeah, that's the series that I grew up on. And it's still my favourite as werll. The games seem to have better plots and characters than the other JRPG's i've played generally.

Edited by NightmareFarm

On 4/9/2022 at 4:59 PM, egghead said:

The only JRPG I have ever played are Final Fantasy  games. Final Fantasy is one of the best game series not only in JRPG category but in the entire gaming industry.

On 4/9/2022 at 9:22 PM, Head_Hunter said:

Final Fantasy series is long roaster of games, I never seen any other series on Earth having such kind of edition of Final Fantasy that has gotten to edition 15 now. 

I don't know what the purpose of stating the blatantly obvious about what Final Fantasy is, but the topic is list your favourite JRPG's. so getting back on topic;

1. Final Fantasy X
  2. Tales of Berseria
  3.  The Legend of Zelda, The Ocarina of Time (Yes, I I know a lot of people don't count Zelda as an RPG, but I do, so shut up.)
  4. Final Fantasy XII
  5. Tales of Arise
Edited by Shagger

On 2/26/2022 at 10:01 PM, kingpotato said:

JRPG is a Role Playing Game that was made in Japan, not refering to worldwide rpgs. And no...

I'm not sure. To me, the JRPG has a very distikive style that was very much created and developed in Japan, but I wouldn't say an RPG game is a JRPG just because it was developed in Japan. Take Dragon's Dogma, even though it was made by Capcom it's still a western style RPG.

Edited by Shagger

On 3/30/2022 at 11:03 PM, NightmareFarm said:

Yeah, that's the series that I grew up on. And it's still my favourite as werll. The games seem to have better plots and characters than the other JRPG's i've played generally.

I came up on the game in one particular forum that's strictly Final Fantasy games or something, I can't really remember the last name part of it and that's how I fell in love with the game.