Register Now
StaceyPowers

When do you uninstall games?

I uninstall games when free to ply games start sending a lot of ads. I also uninstall games when I started getting bored while playing it. I also uninstall when I have not played the game in the last 6 month.

I have many games that I may not play again that still installed. Partly as they are my go to games that I love playing and they are installed for furture updates that they might bing or just there ready for be to get back into it when I'm ready to play them again. 

Then there are games that I have played them once and complted it and I removed them as I know to the fact that they I won't get into it again. 

On 5/28/2022 at 11:03 PM, StaceyPowers said:

If you have a disc-less console, when do you uninstall your games? Directly after you finish them? Or just when your space is getting full and you want to install something new?

That would probably be when my space is full and I need to install a new game. I dont usually uninstall my games because I sometimes like to play old games I have completed.

On 5/30/2022 at 4:38 AM, Jasmin said:

I uninstall games when free to ply games start sending a lot of ads. I also uninstall games when I started getting bored while playing it. I also uninstall when I have not played the game in the last 6 month.

If I start getting bored about a particular game that I'm playing, it means that the game's time is up for me which I don't see any reason for keeping the game any longer as well. 

19 hours ago, Dannyjax said:

Whenever I'm fed up with the game, it no longer have any value to me, so it's getting booted out immediately for others games to stay. 

No matter how much I try to push on with such games, that's the only time it gets worst. Its why I don't stress too much when I get to that level with a particular game. 

5 hours ago, Aniekwe said:

No matter how much I try to push on with such games, that's the only time it gets worst. Its why I don't stress too much when I get to that level with a particular game. 

If it's not working, there no need to keep forcing it. It's the lesson I learnt early when I started playing games. It's been a peace giver for me and I can't fight it. 

I know how terrible it is to run low on storage drive, that's why I decided to upgrade to a higher storage drive console. Even if it's 500GB, I wouldn't still run low uninstalling games I spent money to install. I don't play much games either, just few is enough for me at the moment. 

13 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

I know how terrible it is to run low on storage drive, that's why I decided to upgrade to a higher storage drive console. Even if it's 500GB, I wouldn't still run low uninstalling games I spent money to install. I don't play much games either, just few is enough for me at the moment. 

You can get rid of free games that you didn't pay money to download and mostly the ones that you have completed just to free up some spaces. You can easily download them again whenever you care to. I do that sometimes. 

On 6/1/2022 at 3:15 PM, Aniekwe said:

If I start getting bored about a particular game that I'm playing, it means that the game's time is up for me which I don't see any reason for keeping the game any longer as well. 

We already have numerous options, therefore, there is no need to keep the game that you don't like. Furthermore, if you do mobile gaming, you have to frequently uninstall game in order to install new ones.

Back when I played my Playstation 4, I'd have to be liberal with uninstalling due to the lack of room. Even running things off the disc didn't save much room, so I had to choose carefully what games I'd keep and what I'd uninstall.

Nowadays on PC I only do it when I absolutely have to, which thankfully isn't often because I have that many that I'm like "weeeeeell I want to play that one soon and I'll forget if I uninstall or "weeeeeeell that doesn't have cloud save so if I uninstall it it'll take my save data with it" and so on. I am the equivilant of a digital hoarder; if it doesn't have to go, and I can make any excuse to keep it installed, I will!

5 hours ago, Jasmin said:

We already have numerous options, therefore, there is no need to keep the game that you don't like. Furthermore, if you do mobile gaming, you have to frequently uninstall game in order to install new ones.

It's the storage space of your smartphone that's going to be a big decider for you here with games that's worth keeping and the one's that's to be kicked into the bin.