Register Now
The Blackangel

What’s the one material possession you would run into a burning building to save?

Everyone has items that mean the world to them. We all have that item, big or small. Why does it mean so much to you? For me it’s my stuff rabbit. I named him Sleepy Bunny. He means so much to me because I’ve had him since I was a baby. He’s the only one that I have ever been able to rely on, with the exception of my grandmother.

If you can (and are willing) post a pic of your priceless possession.

And only one item, not a collection or multiple items. I’m asking for the ONE item that means more to you than anything.

64D06B86-F371-4AE6-9991-80C8BC6B2F95.jpeg

5F75B944-46E0-4A2D-8431-DA22BF3B4C58.jpeg

To many, In fact, my full PC wouldn't be that very important other than saving the drives as it has important files on them. Then there is all old photos and documents that I have to keep and try and last them my lifetime. 

I end up trying to save my home or not catch it on fire

Great thread when i first tought about it hell i'll just grab my rarest game or console while i probably don't want to fork out the money to buy them again they can be replaced if i wanted. 

Obviously i should go for something i can't replace, I always tought it was ugly as fuck but i've come to appreciate it more and more over the years this print used to belong to one of my best childhood friends who passed away from leukemia, i think it's been 9 years now. He used to be really into Pushead artwork and this print was one of his prized possesions, two weeks before he passed away he gave me this to remember him by, the cool thing about it that i never knew that he hid a farewell letter inside the back of the frame where he thanked me for being such a good friend and whatnot, i only found out about the letter a couple of years ago. 

Anyway sorry if it's nsfw, you know you should be working instead of browsing the internet.

ZxRSnKd.jpg

9 hours ago, Yaramaki said:

Great thread when i first tought about it hell i'll just grab my rarest game or console while i probably don't want to fork out the money to buy them again they can be replaced if i wanted. 

Obviously i should go for something i can't replace, I always tought it was ugly as fuck but i've come to appreciate it more and more over the years this print used to belong to one of my best childhood friends who passed away from leukemia, i think it's been 9 years now. He used to be really into Pushead artwork and this print was one of his prized possesions, two weeks before he passed away he gave me this to remember him by, the cool thing about it that i never knew that he hid a farewell letter inside the back of the frame where he thanked me for being such a good friend and whatnot, i only found out about the letter a couple of years ago. 

Anyway sorry if it's nsfw, you know you should be working instead of browsing the internet.

ZxRSnKd.jpg

I couldn't move by after reading your message about your friend, 'who passed away', but reserved a memory for you to keep in remembrance of your friendship with him. Such is worth preserving my good friend, I wouldn't joke with such letter and artwork. 

On 6/13/2022 at 8:52 AM, Yaramaki said:

ZxRSnKd.jpg

I'm sorry to hear about your friend. I know losing someone you love is heartbreaking. While others may see it as just a drawing, they don't have a clue what it could mean to someone. There's something I have said (not on VGR) that might be relatable. If you're a thief (fuck you if you are) stick to stealing from a store corporation like Walmart or Target. Don't steal from someone's house or car. That Linkin Park CD you just stole could be a person's most prized possession because for all you know, they were gifted it by someone they loved dearly who is no longer alive. It could be worth more than money to them. It may just be a copy of Hybrid Theory to you, but it may be something they would run into a burning house to save. Sentimental value is far more valuable than any amount of money.

I got this picture of my dad i cherish so much been that it's the only one I have left and still in good condition, I would go any length to keep it safe and secured. Even walking into a burning building to retrieve it.