Register Now
DC

Best way to win an argument

4 minutes ago, Heatman said:

Personally, I find getting into arguments in real life face to face a lot more easier than doing it online. It's a lot more stressful having to argue online and typing for so long. You won't even have enough time to type in all you need to back your argument points and another one will come up. It's difficult and I hate doing that. 

Who even have such time for argument online. I am only in for positive minded things, if anyone banters me online, I'll do my best to stay off heat congested argument to stay safe. It will be very much ignorant of me to keep replying to such user. 

On 7/11/2022 at 9:24 AM, Heatman said:

Personally, I find getting into arguments in real life face to face a lot more easier than doing it online. It's a lot more stressful having to argue online and typing for so long. You won't even have enough time to type in all you need to back your argument points and another one will come up. It's difficult and I hate doing that. 

Sounds like you’re just a slow typer.

On 7/10/2022 at 4:06 PM, Heatman said:

The only two subjects that I find it very difficult to get into an argument with are politics and religion. There's no way you would approach these two subjects that it's ever going to end nicely. Some people have been killing with regards to those two subjects and I'm never going to fall victim to it. 

I always try to avoid those subjects unless I'm with someone I would trust. Then we are able to have a civil conversation. Otherwise, I stay away from either unless it's something that either affects me personally, or it's something extremely serious. Something that happened to me once was this:

When I was in my early 20's (I'm 40 now) I worked at a Pizza Hut in a relatively small town. There was another girl there that was so overchristianized it was stomach churning. I am Satanic (NOT A DEVIL WORSHIPER. BIG DIFFERENCE). The moment she heard the word "Satanic" she went nuts. Every time we worked together she harassed me nonstop through my entire shift about religion. It finally got to the point that I filed a formal complaint with the manager about her harassment, but that went nowhere. So she then upped her intolerance. She started demanding that I go to church with her. I tried to throw her off by telling her she had to go to a black mass with me first and receive a Satanic baptism. She lost her shit on that. There was no black mass that I would take her to, I just wanted to shut her up. That didn't work. Finally since the managers refused to do anything about the harassment, I made a deal with her. That if I went with her ONE time, that she would never speak to me again, unless it was work related. She would never speak of religion again, and leave me alone. She agreed.

So she picked me up bright and early on a Sunday. She drove to her church, and we both got out. As soon as she went in, I walked over to a friends house. The next time she saw me at work she, was, pissed. She went off on me, saying I lied to her about going to church. I told her that I never lied. She reiterated that I did. I looked her in the eye, and said "You wanted me to go to church. You picked me up and drove me there. I got out of the car and left. You never specified a specific activity or length of time. I held up my end of the bargain. So unless you want to be outed as a two faced liar you will leave me the hell alone."

She was so pissed off she was red in the face. But she knew she couldn't argue what I said, because she knew I was right.

She never bothered me again.

I was known as an evil genius from then on in that town, that you had to be VERY specific with. I still have that reputation to this day.

On 7/11/2022 at 9:30 AM, Justin11 said:

Who even have such time for argument online. I am only in for positive minded things, if anyone banters me online, I'll do my best to stay off heat congested argument to stay safe. It will be very much ignorant of me to keep replying to such user. 

To be fair, Banter especially the harmless kind doesn't bother me that much especially when it comes to me. I grew up in a community where banter was so commonplace, even your own parents started chipping in.

Edited by killamch89

3 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I always try to avoid those subjects unless I'm with someone I would trust. Then we are able to have a civil conversation. Otherwise, I stay away from either unless it's something that either affects me personally, or it's something extremely serious. Something that happened to me once was this:

When I was in my early 20's (I'm 40 now) I worked at a Pizza Hut in a relatively small town. There was another girl there that was so overchristianized it was stomach churning. I am Satanic (NOT A DEVIL WORSHIPER. BIG DIFFERENCE). The moment she heard the word "Satanic" she went nuts. Every time we worked together she harassed me nonstop through my entire shift about religion. It finally got to the point that I filed a formal complaint with the manager about her harassment, but that went nowhere. So she then upped her intolerance. She started demanding that I go to church with her. I tried to throw her off by telling her she had to go to a black mass with me first and receive a Satanic baptism. She lost her shit on that. There was no black mass that I would take her to, I just wanted to shut her up. That didn't work. Finally since the managers refused to do anything about the harassment, I made a deal with her. That if I went with her ONE time, that she would never speak to me again, unless it was work related. She would never speak of religion again, and leave me alone. She agreed.

So she picked me up bright and early on a Sunday. She drove to her church, and we both got out. As soon as she went in, I walked over to a friends house. The next time she saw me at work she, was, pissed. She went off on me, saying I lied to her about going to church. I told her that I never lied. She reiterated that I did. I looked her in the eye, and said "You wanted me to go to church. You picked me up and drove me there. I got out of the car and left. You never specified a specific activity or length of time. I held up my end of the bargain. So unless you want to be outed as a two faced liar you will leave me the hell alone."

She was so pissed off she was red in the face. But she knew she couldn't argue what I said, because she knew I was right.

She never bothered me again.

I was known as an evil genius from then on in that town, that you had to be VERY specific with. I still have that reputation to this day.

This is what being very smart gets you and I'm not sure if there was any other better way you would have handled her better then that because reporting her at work never did any good. She was probably very confident that she's going to convert you to her faith or something which made her not evaluate the terms of the deal you both had. 

I think that a lot of people have the misconception on what being a Satanic and a Devil Worshiper is all about. I got exposed to that knowledge when illuminati carried serious wave down here. 

5 hours ago, killamch89 said:

To be fair, Banter especially the harmless kind doesn't bother me that much especially when it comes to me. I grew up in a community where banter was so commonplace, even your own parents started chipping in.

I've lived with banter all through my life, at some point we just need to accept it and move on, no need to overreact. Most of my friends in the past, have done that severally to me, I just have to let it go and move on with something I found more interesting, 😂

19 hours ago, killamch89 said:

If you're a football fan and enjoy watching your favorite club play especially with friends who are supporting other teams they are fans of, you should expect banter always. My friends would murder you with banter. Once I see any of their calls, I'd check if anything happened against my club because it's 90% the reason any of them would call me out the blue. 

Banter will always come as far as you're a die hard fan. I received hostile reception from my peers when I was a growing child. Because I supported Barcelona with my life, and I couldn't hide it from them. So, anytime Barcà losses a crucial match, my friends attacks me.  

Edited by Justin11

If we arguing about sports preferably soccer that's the only time when I actually immerse myself in the arguments especially when you are trying to make my favorite team seem like the inferior one I could go on and on Listing out points until we both agree that we are both right. 😅

9 minutes ago, Clasher said:

If we arguing about sports preferably soccer that's the only time when I actually immerse myself in the arguments especially when you are trying to make my favorite team seem like the inferior one I could go on and on Listing out points until we both agree that we are both right. 😅

The banter have already started for this season with the pre season tour matches being played with Liverpool the direct target after their new purchased player from Benfica that they hijacked from Manchester United Nunez have been woeful in the 2 matches he played. 

I came across this tweet yesterday and I couldn't stop laughing. 

FB_IMG_1658138320547.thumb.jpg.942e3f3fff508d8a290bb9088345b63f.jpg

2 minutes ago, Heatman said:

The banter have already started for this season with the pre season tour matches being played with Liverpool the direct target after their new purchased player from Benfica that they hijacked from Manchester United Nunez have been woeful in the 2 matches he played. 

I came across this tweet yesterday and I couldn't stop laughing. 

FB_IMG_1658138320547.thumb.jpg.942e3f3fff508d8a290bb9088345b63f.jpg

😅I believe Manchester United would be chilling and thanking their stars that they didn't pull through with the deal afterall.

dance-happy.gif

The best way for manchester united to silent the critics is to, win something for their fans with all the players they've added in their rank recently. Man United have purchased Christian Erikson and other notable names, let's see what the season holds for them.  

Edited by Justin11

8 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

Are you lumping Satanism and Devil worship together, or do you know the difference?

Not at all. I have little knowledge on what Satanism is all about till you shared this link Here on the subject one time, it gave me a more round knowledge of what it's all about. Do you remember when you shared it with here?