Register Now
Kane99

Microsoft accuses Sony of paying developers to keep some games off Xbox Game Pass

On 8/16/2022 at 11:33 AM, Empire said:

If this is right OMG that Micro$oft is the company that is competing since they created Xbox just by throwing money at games companies without even try to improve a thing. They are acquiring all the big publisher because without that they cannot even remotely compete with Sony or Nintendo, two companies with way lower budget. They simply use money to accomplish stuff that couldn't do themselves. "Hey we cannot create a decent game, let's buy the companies that does them".

This is exactly the point! It is pathetic that Microsoft has the mind to complain about this kind of situation by Sony. I mean it takes a lot more than buying these studios in order to be taken serious in the gaming world. So, Microsoft got a lot of work on their hands instead of playing the blame game.

15 hours ago, Ajibusu said:

This is exactly the point! It is pathetic that Microsoft has the mind to complain about this kind of situation by Sony. I mean it takes a lot more than buying these studios in order to be taken serious in the gaming world. So, Microsoft got a lot of work on their hands instead of playing the blame game.

It's about them making money and controling everything to the point that we have no option or say. No differ to Google in that way if you think about it. Crazy damn world

On 9/7/2022 at 11:53 AM, Empire said:

It's about them making money and controling everything to the point that we have no option or say. No differ to Google in that way if you think about it. Crazy damn world

The summary of everything is that greed rules the world. All these corporation would go to any extent to fatten their pockets at the expense of others!! 

On 9/7/2022 at 5:53 AM, Empire said:

Absolutely agree - Microsoft isn't any different from Google or Amazon. They all want to create monopolies.

On 9/12/2022 at 12:07 PM, Empire said:

You think that nowdays people have accpt that they all do what they do, I mean if you own a big compnay you want to make as much money as you can 😉 - I just make then donate some away as I'm mr Nice guy 😛

Isn't those big charity donations a way they all try to avoid paying taxes? I might be wrong though but I have heard about it from different sources. 

11 hours ago, Heatman said:

Isn't those big charity donations a way they all try to avoid paying taxes? I might be wrong though but I have heard about it from different sources. 

I do not know how it works however the store would have to still pay taxes for they sold and sell from there shops with lights and power and whatnot. end of the day whatever money that they do get doesn't get spent right

On 9/13/2022 at 7:15 PM, killamch89 said:

Absolutely agree - Microsoft isn't any different from Google or Amazon. They all want to create monopolies.

Yep, that's a cold fact. Microsoft is really going very fast and hard with its moves in the gaming industry. If it's possible to buy up everything, they will do it. They obviously have the money to do so. 

On 9/13/2022 at 2:15 PM, killamch89 said:

That is true. Especially now that they're buying up studios. Microsoft was accused of trying to monopolize operating systems I believe. Or something like that, I forget what it was. 

But yeah, they're all giant corporations trying to create more profits. When in reality they probably don't need all of those profits. At least not to the CEO and higher ups. I think the wealth in these companies should be shared more fairly. Like the developers getting paid the most along with voice actors and artists, etc. The CEOs should make a fair deal sure, but not too much either. It's time these executives pay the developers better wages, so that maybe then they're also more motivated to create better games. 

And I always figure the people creating the art, should be paid for it, not some massive company that takes most of the profits. Sure some of it should go to the company too, but damn, give the developers equal pay or better. They are the stars after all. 

On 9/6/2022 at 8:43 PM, Ajibusu said:

Seriously, Microsoft do have more games IP they need to give more focus and attention because some of them aren't doing well at all. They are still busy buying up more studios which would most likely leave games under them not well taken care of. 

On 9/14/2022 at 11:43 PM, Heatman said:

Seriously, Microsoft do have more games IP they need to give more focus and attention because some of them aren't doing well at all. They are still busy buying up more studios which would most likely leave games under them not well taken care of. 

Microsoft enjoys acquiring other gaming studios and merging it to their to form a really big franchise.

Though some of their video games haven't been that successful but a couple of them did really well too.

2 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

Sony and Microsoft are becoming like two bickering parties that are more concerned about competing between each other and not competing for consumers. There needs to be a third party, another console manufacturer that is compatible with all these same games to keep the giants in check. 

It's sad. They're billion dollar companies that are complaining about making even more money. Hell Microsoft even offered a 10 year licensing deal to Sony to make sure cod stays on playstation. So I don't know why they are fussing. I mean, if they honor deals to put Bethesda games too, Sony will be fine. 

I don't think Xbox is going to keep those franchises exclusives, because they also stand to make even more money by keeping it multiplatform. Think about how much money cod makes a year, they'd be cutting out likely half of that profit if they made it exclusive to PC and Xbox. 

I hope they figure it out. As long as we get the games we've been waiting for, I think things will be fine.