Register Now
Gonassis

Anybody share their steam library with friends or family?

Nope, I'm the only person and account holder 🙂 I have no one else to use my account. I keep security high and on that note I have no one else that wants to use it.

Only time that I open my steam account up for someone is that brought "wolfenstein The New Order" back in 2013 and I can the worse crap internet. My old school mate downloaded and installed the files and did a backup of the files for me from his home 🙂 

On 8/14/2022 at 12:45 PM, Empire said:

Nope, I'm the only person and account holder 🙂 I have no one else to use my account. I keep security high and on that note I have no one else that wants to use it.

Only time that I open my steam account up for someone is that brought "wolfenstein The New Order" back in 2013 and I can the worse crap internet. My old school mate downloaded and installed the files and did a backup of the files for me from his home 🙂 

I try as much as possible to keep my account right tight when it comes to security. It's not just about anyone that gets to have access to mine which is why I had only linked up my little brother to mine. He's privy to just about anything I have, so it's not a problem adding him to this one. 

I'm considering sharing my steam library with my nephew, since he now has a gaming PC he plays on often. I think he would get a kick out of me sharing all of my games, since I know he wants to play a lot of the games I own. 

On 8/12/2022 at 3:36 PM, Shagger said:

I've used the system before. It's actually been a thing for quite a while. It works, but I'm unsure what the limits are of the system without looking it up.

I'm not sure if it's true, but I believe only one person can play the game at a time. So if you share a certain game with someone for example, if they're playing it, you're not going to be able to. But I could be wrong. It could be the other way where you can't use steam, but I think that would be dumb. I think it's just the game itself that can't be played by more than one person. 

20 hours ago, Heatman said:

I try as much as possible to keep my account right tight when it comes to security. It's not just about anyone that gets to have access to mine which is why I had only linked up my little brother to mine. He's privy to just about anything I have, so it's not a problem adding him to this one. 

You only can do so much to what we all can do 😉 even then I had my account hacked even with it being as tight. End of the day account to yourself

9 hours ago, Empire said:

You only can do so much to what we all can do 😉 even then I had my account hacked even with it being as tight. End of the day account to yourself

Yeah, that's right. There's always a possibility of your or any account being hacked as long as it's actively used online. You just need to be careful with how you make use of it. 

4 hours ago, Syntax said:

I've shared my Steam & Origin account with my family members (with a 2FA lockdown when it comes to purchasing anything or accessing billing details). 

Yeah that's one thing I worry about with account sharing. If I do ever share my Steam or Origin for example, I will make sure my credit card details are removed first. Honestly it's probably best not to store your cc info on any sites. Even the most secure sites can be prone to hackers, so the chance of your card info being stolen is a real possibility. 

So yeah, if I share any accounts I'm going to have to remove my cc info. Don't want to take that chance. 

I think I am the only one in my family that is actually really interested in video games , others do play them but not as much as I do.

So there hasn't been any need to share my steam library with my family, on the other hand most of my friends are just Interested in FIFA games, racers games and my preferences are just too way off theirs for now.

On 8/17/2022 at 12:43 AM, Kane99 said:

Yeah that's one thing I worry about with account sharing. If I do ever share my Steam or Origin for example, I will make sure my credit card details are removed first. Honestly it's probably best not to store your cc info on any sites. Even the most secure sites can be prone to hackers, so the chance of your card info being stolen is a real possibility. 

So yeah, if I share any accounts I'm going to have to remove my cc info. Don't want to take that chance. 

Once bitten twice shy!! 

This is exactly the same experience a friend of mine had with his owner account and there's nothing in this world that's going to make him leave his account information on any site for any reason whatsoever. 

On 8/17/2022 at 12:43 AM, Kane99 said:

I've this on Steam before and the only thing that the other person can see and access are the games in your library and that's all. The have no access to anything regarding your profile including your payment info, they can't access nor change your login details and they cannot add nor remove games from your account. It just adds thier games onto your library and that's it. Fearing your sensitive info being compromised is always a fair concern, but the family sharing feature on Steam doesn't make that any more or less likely.

On 8/18/2022 at 8:45 AM, Shagger said:

I've this on Steam before and the only thing that the other person can see and access are the games in your library and that's all. The have no access to anything regarding your profile including your payment info, they can't access nor change your login details and they cannot add nor remove games from your account. It just adds thier games onto your library and that's it. Fearing your sensitive info being compromised is always a fair concern, but the family sharing feature on Steam doesn't make that any more or less likely.

yeah, that's probably safe, the same system probably exists on Google play family sharing, and Netflix's family sharing plan too.

They just get access. Done. They have their own accounts connected to the main one.