Register Now
Smokey

Are you a fan of Sega consoles?

Are you a fan of Sega's consoles?  They used to be very prominent in the hardware & console space back in the 90's.  I love Sega,  The Genesis was the first console i've ever played, years later I got a Dreamcast about half a year after release and it quickly became my favorite console of all time, still to this day it holds that title for me.  Years later  as I got older I finally got a Saturn. I always wanted one growing up but was never able to get one as my parents thought it was too pricey at $400.  I love the Saturn as well, but not as much as the Dreamcast, Sega's swan song.  I love the fact they're making mini consoles now and I hope they do a Saturn Mini & Dreamcast Mini one day......but I'd really love for them to throw their hat into the console race once more and come out with a proper console to compete with Microsoft, NIntendo & Sony once more, but I know that will probably never happen.

I didn't really know much about the Sega Consoles ,I only ever played video games on the Sega Genesis and it was only a few times since I had to visit my cousins once or twice yearly.

I did enjoy those few times and I did play interesting games on the console.

I not dislike them, but I can't say that I'm a fan of them. Yes they are cool and you get to do what you want to do out of the box. But it's not everyone cup of tea. The good old days of people telling stories that I love to hear in older game titles

Back in the day I was a huge fan of the Genesis console growing up. Sadly I didn't have a big collection, and my parents ended up regifting it to my nephew (with my agreed go ahead). I later ended up getting my nephews SNES and just ended up keeping it lol. I also got a used Saturn one year and that was cool, but I didn't have a big collection of games for it. I actually got two Saturns for like $37 or so. Not going to complain about that. I ended up selling one off in box, which I kinda regret doing, but oh well. 

But yeah, I'm a fan of the Genesis, and maybe the Sega GameGear, as I remember playing that at a friends house many years ago and thinking it was the coolest thing ever. 

I remember me and my brothers first ever actual console was a Sega Master System and I always remember Alex the Kidd being a built-in game on that. We spent so many hours playing Alex the Kidd on that console, and I remember having so many fond memories of me and my cousin trying to beat the rock, paper, scissors on that game. They are memories I will forever cherish! I wouldn't say that Sega is my most favorite console, but it definitely brought a lot of good memories in my childhood that I will never forget

34 minutes ago, Shortie said:

I remember me and my brothers first ever actual console was a Sega Master System and I always remember Alex the Kidd being a built-in game on that. We spent so many hours playing Alex the Kidd on that console, and I remember having so many fond memories of me and my cousin trying to beat the rock, paper, scissors on that game. They are memories I will forever cherish! I wouldn't say that Sega is my most favorite console, but it definitely brought a lot of good memories in my childhood that I will never forget

I never owned the master system, just the genesis and Saturn. What is the difference exactly? Is the genesis the competition for the SNES while the master system is the competition for the NES? Or was it a pal system? 

1 hour ago, Kane99 said:

I never owned the master system, just the genesis and Saturn. What is the difference exactly? Is the genesis the competition for the SNES while the master system is the competition for the NES? Or was it a pal system? 

The Master System was their 8 bit console like the NES. They’re kind of rare in North America due to Nintendo’s monopolistic practice that resulted in poor sales here.

You'll see more Europeans talking about it, because Sega hopped over there before Nintendo had the chance to monopolize there like in Japan and North America.

16 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Back in the day I was a huge fan of the Genesis console growing up. Sadly I didn't have a big collection, and my parents ended up regifting it to my nephew (with my agreed go ahead). I later ended up getting my nephews SNES and just ended up keeping it lol. I also got a used Saturn one year and that was cool, but I didn't have a big collection of games for it. I actually got two Saturns for like $37 or so. Not going to complain about that. I ended up selling one off in box, which I kinda regret doing, but oh well. 

But yeah, I'm a fan of the Genesis, and maybe the Sega GameGear, as I remember playing that at a friends house many years ago and thinking it was the coolest thing ever. 

Atleast you've personally own a Sega Genesis and you've played a few games on it, the only closest I have come to a Sega Genesis console was anytime I visited my cousins over Christmas.

I would play on the console for a couple of days before we left their place and back to mine.