Register Now
Smokey

Driving games?

How do you feel about driving games like Gran Turismo? Ridge Racer? Driver? Are you a fan of them? I can take them or leave them to be honest. I don't mind driving in games like GTA, well at least not in the older games on the PS2. I generally don't find driving segments in games to be all that entertaining, but I can see their appeal. Are you a fan of driving games? 

I have always been a fan of driving games but I haven't played them in a while myself to be honest. I love to hang out and play games such as Forza Horizon and I remember when I was a kid we used to have a Nigel Mansell I believe it was an F1 game for the Super Nintendo and that was a game I used to spend a good chunk of time playing after school when I had done my homework. 

I have to concur with @Shagger on this one. I prefer unconventional racing games and kart games. F-Zero is a longtime favorite of mine. I've played a few over the years, and while fun, they just weren't my thing. I ended up with Ford vs Chevy at some point, but it just couldn't get its hooks into me.

Racing games are wildly popular, but it's such a small niche that a lot of gamers either overlook them, or just aren't into them.

I used to play the hell out of Driver 1 and 2 growing up. Even though the first game had that notoriously hard tutorial that you had to beat to get started, I really enjoyed the driver games. Even with the time limits and all that, idk what it was. Maybe it was the car physics and the graphics at the time, but I really liked the Driver series. I even like Driver 3. 

11 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I have to concur with @Shagger on this one. I prefer unconventional racing games and kart games. F-Zero is a longtime favorite of mine. I've played a few over the years, and while fun, they just weren't my thing. I ended up with Ford vs Chevy at some point, but it just couldn't get its hooks into me.

Racing games are wildly popular, but it's such a small niche that a lot of gamers either overlook them, or just aren't into them.

F-zero was a lot of fun on the SNES and there was one for the PS1 called Jet Moto that had flying bikes.

1 minute ago, Bizdustry said:

Two driving games I've played are Forza, and Grand Theft Auto Five. While GTA amongst it's various releases, focuses on Grand Theft Auto and committing crimes, it does have an element of driving within. However, Forza is more focused on the competitive racing and "speed". 

Forza is one of my favourites when it comes to racing games. I haven't had time to play the latest Forza Horizon game as much as I wanted to but the game with every new release just gets better over time. 

GTA is great for just driving around sometimes and checking out the map, they have such huge maps and loads to explore and being able to do that in a vehicle is awesome. 

Just now, Shortie said:

Forza is one of my favourites when it comes to racing games. I haven't had time to play the latest Forza Horizon game as much as I wanted to but the game with every new release just gets better over time. 

GTA is great for just driving around sometimes and checking out the map, they have such huge maps and loads to explore and being able to do that in a vehicle is awesome. 

Remember a few times in GTA I got the "Dunce Hat" and got locked inside the Dunce Hat Group, where you get placed if you explode too many registered cars. That group is crazy with normal people to hackers constantly blowing you up. One man/ girl for him or herself. I think there was 365 days left,  as it wasn't my first offence lol. Would be interesting to login to my gaming account now and check this.

I loved them, except I was terrible at them. For some reason I could not for the life of me be good at racing games. I'm somewhat better at like Mario Kart due to being able to turn off the falling off the map. I was AMAZING at the one on the GBA though! I wish I could play that again and again. 

I am fan of racing games and driving games, I used to absolutely love games like Outrun or Cruisin' USA, they were so much fun to play!  Then you look at the modern systems and see games like Forza, and those are fun for a whole different reason.  Sometimes you want to have a blast in a sporty car, sometimes you want to do objective-based gaming in a car.  It's all fun and all good!

I'm more into kart racing games myself. I tried playing Driver 2 when I was a kid but I couldn't get into it. My dad loved the game though, so he ended up playing through most of it. I do like a few racing games like Super Hang On, and I don't mind playing a racing game at a arcade here and there.