Register Now
StaceyPowers

Most Relaxing Game Format?

Video games can run the gamut from edge-of-your-seat tense to completely soothing and relaxing in every way—and sometimes the same game can alternate between those extremes.

A lot of it is subjective though. For me, I’d say the most relaxing game format is an open world RPG game you can explore at your own pace and save at any time, followed by FPS games.

What do you think are the most relaxing types of games?

There are a few super relaxing indie games that spring to mind: Flow, Flower and Journey (all three are by the same awesome dev). I also find Skyrim pretty chill, as well. Just walking around Skyrim is super meditative and calming. PixelJunk Monsters is also a pretty relaxing game on PS3/PS Vita. A new one is out for Switch/PS4 too but it's not quite as fantastic.

On 9/15/2018 at 9:58 PM, StaceyPowers said:

Video games can run the gamut from edge-of-your-seat tense to completely soothing and relaxing in every way—and sometimes the same game can alternate between those extremes.

A lot of it is subjective though. For me, I’d say the most relaxing game format is an open world RPG game you can explore at your own pace and save at any time, followed by FPS games.

Definitely, it's open world games. There is no other kind of video games format that's more relaxing for me to play other than it. I do enjoy racing games too ; games like Gran Turismo and Need for Speed. 

On 9/15/2018 at 3:58 PM, StaceyPowers said:

Just as you said. But also being able to interact with the environment is relaxing. Maybe sit on a bench and take in the views; pet a stray animal; take a dip in a pond; I like the camp setup in RDR2; or just do something to pass a little time. In Ghost of Tsushima, you can play a flute song whenever you want, where the protagonist busts out a flute and plays it. Another thing that game has is areas to find where you meditate and contemplate. Also having a photo feature where you can leave movement of the environment on and play music, so you can just stare at the screen as if you were there. 

Edited by Reality vs Adventure

On 9/16/2018 at 8:18 AM, Demon_skeith said:

On a bad day, I would say FPS just to let off my stress on poor internet fools.

That's totally understandable because relaxation can come in any form to different people in from different ways. There are plenty of gamers who would find survival horror games relaxing. 

These days I am Playing Battle royale games, so obviously I am going to take this one. After a stressful day at office, I just can't wait to launch the game and kill some enemies. That's so satisfying to hit a Sniper just middle at the forehead, and kill with just one shot. 

6 minutes ago, Razor1911 said:

These days I am Playing Battle royale games, so obviously I am going to take this one. After a stressful day at office, I just can't wait to launch the game and kill some enemies. That's so satisfying to hit a Sniper just middle at the forehead, and kill with just one shot. 

Haha, instead of for you to go and rest or sleep you're busy looking for who to kill. Don't mind me, I'm kidding mate. As long as it's fun for you..please do enjoy. 

18 hours ago, Heatman said:

Haha, instead of for you to go and rest or sleep you're busy looking for who to kill. Don't mind me, I'm kidding mate. As long as it's fun for you..please do enjoy. 

Haha. 😁 I wish I could aim at some of my office staff's head with that sniper. Lol. 😆

When I am hell tired, It gives me satisfaction though, to have some headshots before going to sleep. 😆

On 9/12/2021 at 1:12 PM, Razor1911 said:

Haha. 😁 I wish I could aim at some of my office staff's head with that sniper. Lol. 😆

When I am hell tired, It gives me satisfaction though, to have some headshots before going to sleep. 😆

Haha, they must be one hell of annoying people for you to have such pictures thoughts crossing your mind with them as target 🎯

I know that I've probably said this before, but I think a good way to relax is to run a GT6 race that I'm fairly certain I'll win.  One example is bringing a car right at the performance point limit to the Class Sports Car race at Rome.  Once you've passed everyone it's actually really relaxing.

2 hours ago, Empire said:

There are many, depends on that person you know, Maybe Euro Truck Simulator 2 or any related driving games. Nothing like putting on your favourite podcast, or turning on some European radio, and driving through some scenic countryside.

What about MSFS2? If you like simulator games, I am sure you will like this one too. It's more satisfying than Euro truck simulator, I must say. 😊