Register Now
The Overseer

If on PC, do you prefer your video games online or you buy the cases?

These days I prefer the downloadable games. I don't want to waste my apartment space with all those game collections. I think steam and epic store can be really helpful on that count. And even better option is that there are some really good free game stores out there. So we have plenty of choices to choose from and make use of when we are buying the games. 

15 hours ago, skyfire said:

These days I prefer the downloadable games. I don't want to waste my apartment space with all those game collections. I think steam and epic store can be really helpful on that count. And even better option is that there are some really good free game stores out there. So we have plenty of choices to choose from and make use of when we are buying the games. 

I used to hate looking for game cases back in the day and the most dreaded thing that can happen - the game's CD has a scratch and your console won't read it. It used to frustrate the hell out of me. I much rather digital downloads these days, to be honest.

Digital is better, owning disks was a cool thing before but that had issues like you couldn't own the games anymore if the disk gets scratched and you always have to keep them safe, unlike with digital stuff that can last for pretty much forever

I'm mostly digital now. There's only two times I can think of where I might go physical: 1, when I want some tat like a statuette that comes with it, or 2, should my partner and I be able to go on a shopping trip and it's a talking point for when we eat out. With coronavirus and all, high street shopping is neither safe nor smart, especially in the place we'd like to go which is indoors and while spacious, has limited ventilation. So I'm afraid it's going to be almost exclusively digital, especially as the games industry gives me less reason to trust it with exclusive tat attached to appalling games.

On 12/30/2020 at 6:16 AM, Patrik said:

Digital is better, owning disks was a cool thing before but that had issues like you couldn't own the games anymore if the disk gets scratched and you always have to keep them safe, unlike with digital stuff that can last for pretty much forever

Well Digital does have its caveats such as the store closing and you no longer owning the game but that's a one in a million chance. That being said, I'm team digital as well.

On 12/20/2018 at 1:16 PM, killamch89 said:

Digital purchases are my preference. Knowing myself, I will probably misplace the cases and then I'd get annoyed that I can't find my games. 

Personally, I do both when it comes to getting my PC games. I'd prefer some games in digital copies and some in physical copies. I think the price plays a big role in determining which one I go for. 

15 hours ago, Heatman said:

Personally, I do both when it comes to getting my PC games. I'd prefer some games in digital copies and some in physical copies. I think the price plays a big role in determining which one I go for. 

Personally, I no longer want to make space to accommodate physical copies of PC games so I went digital.

18 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

Personally, I no longer want to make space to accommodate physical copies of PC games so I went digital.

Nobody "went" digital on PC as if we, the gamers, had a choice. The platform itself abandoned physical games what had to well over a decade ago.

7 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

Even if you get a physical copy of a game on PC, most of the time all that's on the disc is code and link for a digital version anyway.

Yeah, that's how it's been for a while with my recent try of using physical copies. I think the age of physical copies is over for PC games.