Register Now
Alexander.

What if Video Games went extinct?

What if Video Games didn't exist starting from tomorrow? What would you do? This wouldn't be "the end of the world" as I would socialize more with friends/ family and spend more of my time outdoors rather than in. 

Edited by xXInfectedXx

I think that would only happen if there are wars where we tend to lose the tech. And you can see that it can be pretty bad on that note if you don't know how you will react. So not playing games long enough is the solution to this. Games will come and go as long as tech is there. And there is a life outside games so it's not going to be that bad if you see grand scheme of things. 

On 2/15/2019 at 12:36 PM, Bravosi said:

I once used to think that it would make us all go outside and socialize, but nope, there are still those who hang out virtually with social media. At least games are intellectually fun. 😄

Watch this video to see how Facebook and Twitter would be in real life. It's hilarious but at the same opens my eyes to how technology and society has evolved over time.

Physical interaction will always be a winner, staring at a screen isn't. It's scary to think how fast technology is moving. 

If video games were to go extinct tomorrow, people would find alternative natural activities or live their lives on social media by virtually chatting with other people. 

On 2/18/2019 at 12:17 PM, xXInfectedXx said:

Watch this video to see how Facebook and Twitter would be in real life. It's hilarious but at the same opens my eyes to how technology and society has evolved over time.

Physical interaction will always be a winner, staring at a screen isn't. It's scary to think how fast technology is moving. 

If video games were to go extinct tomorrow, people would find alternative natural activities or live their lives on social media by virtually chatting with other people. 

I agree with your point. As for me, I'd probably spend all my time trolling all over social media instead of in video games. 🤣 There's nothing like catching a fellow player off-guard.

I guess more people outdoor is a good thing. But that may also create more social problems as we have seen in the past. I guess more people playing video games and spending time on internet made them weak. That's what I can say from this context. 

Well there was a time when we had no internet, no games and no computers. And we have managed to survive. So it's not like you can't go extinct either. So we just have to learn how to work with the same. Game addiction is pretty bad. So game or no game, we have to learn to survive. 

I wonder where the stadia like platforms will take the gaming. I am sure at this rate the games would be more interactive and it'd be possible that they become the part of the life. And that is definitely something to watch out for. Not extinction but it's too much exposure that could affect gaming industry. 

14 hours ago, skyfire said:

I wonder where the stadia like platforms will take the gaming. I am sure at this rate the games would be more interactive and it'd be possible that they become the part of the life. And that is definitely something to watch out for. Not extinction but it's too much exposure that could affect gaming industry. 

What do you mean by more interactive?