Register Now
UleTheVee

When Your PC Dies

This has happened to us a lot. So, what do you usually do when your PC dies and you have to wait for it to be fixed? I had this happen to me a few days ago and I have yet to get my PC fixed.

I am spending time watching documentaries and playing on my Switch. What do you do when your PC dies?

On 5/9/2019 at 8:15 AM, UleTheVee said:

This has happened to us a lot. So, what do you usually do when your PC dies and you have to wait for it to be fixed? I had this happen to me a few days ago and I have yet to get my PC fixed.

I am spending time watching documentaries and playing on my Switch. What do you do when your PC dies?

Cry for a couple of hours because you just lost a dear friend (I'm kidding btw). To be honest, I usually find something else to do until it's fixed like play games on my tablet or phone even though I'm not a huge fan of mobile games. The second thing would be to look up what kind of PC you're going to build if your machine cannot be successfully repaired and salvage the functional parts from old PC (if there are any) and build a brand new gaming PC.

On 2/6/2021 at 7:08 AM, Patrik said:

Happened to me just right in the beginning of December, i spent almost 2 months without gaming (had to play mobile games that i never planned for 😞 ), till i got another one this month

Thank the heavens that the Gods saved you. Mobile games are such cesspools, you probably had to pay just to open the app. I think you need to get some counselling mate(I'm kidding btw).

Oh when my PC dies I start to get stressed out for sure. I have a tablet/laptop combo, but it isn't as fast as my current PC, but I'd have to end up using that for the time being. Other than that, I'd use that until my main PC is fixed. 

33 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

Oh when my PC dies I start to get stressed out for sure. I have a tablet/laptop combo, but it isn't as fast as my current PC, but I'd have to end up using that for the time being. Other than that, I'd use that until my main PC is fixed. 

I have a gaming laptop and an Ipad but they say it can replace my laptop if needed(laughs hysterically). Next they'll try to tell me Santa Claus is real lol.

I had PCs failed, one time back when I was 11 years old, I had a old Windows 93 desktop, had it for five months and my grandpa had it far longer then that. Anyway I have seen a switch on the back of the power block, wounding what it was. I switched it over and bang. Trush tip it went. 

I had PC parts failed then a full system. Power blocks that went, I replaced. I had HDDs failed that I recoved and replaced. I had a motherboard that 60% of it still works but other 40% failed and I had to replace. Yet a got hardware that has not failed that I replaced with new parts.

5 hours ago, Empire said:

I had PCs failed, one time back when I was 11 years old, I had a old Windows 93 desktop, had it for five months and my grandpa had it far longer then that. Anyway I have seen a switch on the back of the power block, wounding what it was. I switched it over and bang. Trush tip it went. 

I had PC parts failed then a full system. Power blocks that went, I replaced. I had HDDs failed that I recoved and replaced. I had a motherboard that 60% of it still works but other 40% failed and I had to replace. Yet a got hardware that has not failed that I replaced with new parts.

We know that we can replace the parts in our PC. However, I worry for the people that buy pre-built systems because they can void their warranty if they try to repair it themselves. Also, it's expensive to get them repaired.

19 hours ago, killamch89 said:

We know that we can replace the parts in our PC. However, I worry for the people that buy pre-built systems because they can void their warranty if they try to repair it themselves. Also, it's expensive to get them repaired.

That comes to any Laptops, but no need to worry 🙂 I have replaced parts in  pre-built systems 🙂 and that's way after warranty has been expired. In most cases the system will last all it's warranty life anyway. Don't forget that most warranty desktop has a warranty for each hardware, not the system. If GPU goes in 90 weeks then remove and get another, send it back for them to send a new one. 

void their warranty is when they remove the covers and remove heatsinks. Removing the CPU of the board isn't voiding the warranty

1 hour ago, Empire said:

That comes to any Laptops, but no need to worry 🙂 I have replaced parts in  pre-built systems 🙂 and that's way after warranty has been expired. In most cases the system will last all it's warranty life anyway. Don't forget that most warranty desktop has a warranty for each hardware, not the system. If GPU goes in 90 weeks then remove and get another, send it back for them to send a new one. 

void their warranty is when they remove the covers and remove heatsinks. Removing the CPU of the board isn't voiding the warranty

It's different when you know how to replace the parts yourself but I was speaking in terms of someone looking to get into PC gaming that didn't know how to build a system. I have experience fixing computers and building systems since I was a kid so I'd be fine.

It's been a while since I have had to deal with a dead PC but we have others in the household since my husband is IT for work. I could be slick and sneak one of his to use  😉   I also have an old PC in a closet somewere but I'd really hate to drag that monster dinosaur out.

I just do art traditionally or go on walks and stuff. Sometimes I take care of things like planned doctor appointments and other boring stuff I've been putting off. Or just get some good sleep at last.