Register Now
UleTheVee

When Your PC Dies

Since I know the general signs of hardware wearing out, I tend to save up for hardware replacements. For my hard drive, I have a few external hard drives that I occasionally connect, to make sure they still work for future use, when my computer hard drive dies. The other hardware I replace as needed, or as I notice the computer slowing down.

On 2/6/2021 at 1:08 PM, Patrik said:

Happened to me just right in the beginning of December, i spent almost 2 months without gaming (had to play mobile games that i never planned for 😞 ), till i got another one this month

Seriously, that can be very frustrating and it's why I play my games on both PCs and consoles. So, whenever such happens, I will switch to my consoles. 

On 8/25/2021 at 12:46 AM, Heatman said:

Seriously, that can be very frustrating and it's why I play my games on both PCs and consoles. So, whenever such happens, I will switch to my consoles. 

well ,my situation doesn't allow me to buy both even if i want to, i got lot of titles in mind that i want to play in consoles actually and will surely do sooner 

2 hours ago, Patrik said:

well ,my situation doesn't allow me to buy both even if i want to, i got lot of titles in mind that i want to play in consoles actually and will surely do sooner 

Yeah - it's something understandable especially since it's finance related. Not all can be able to bear the budget of running games on both platforms. 

My hubby has a PC and it did die.  I can't remember what was wrong with it. 

He did get it working again though it did take a while.  We both have laptops so he wasn't in a big rush to fix it since we had other means of getting online.  Now that he has his PC working again, he prefers using that as opposed to using his laptop.  I prefer using my laptop and it keeps me from hogging the PC so that he can use it. 

On 8/10/2021 at 5:52 AM, Demon_skeith said:

My last PCs I tossed aside and got a new one, but my custom build I hope to keep using for a long time and fix the parts as needed. 

Seriously, if I ever get to own a custom built PC for myself, I'm definitely going to make sure that it's got everything I need and I'll find it very difficult to move on from it. 

I need to mess with my sister's laptop soon, as she's dealing with ransomeware. Literally locked her laptop up, and made it look like she needed to call MS. I haven't had time to go over there to look at it yet, but I'm going to dread trying to solve it. I hope I can try to solve it. And on top of that, my nephew just got a new gaming PC for his b-day, so I worry that he will get viruses on that and cause issues there too. 

But my PC is doing just fine. But I am always paranoid about problems. Last week it shutdown on me out of nowhere. I thought it was a goner. 

On 6/7/2022 at 7:21 PM, Jasmin said:

I have been using laptop for a along time and I always get a new laptop when my existing laptop starts giving problems.

I'm very sure that you're aware that a laptop is different from on PC in this regard. Laptop is something I make use of to cover up when my PC is out of commission. It's just like a smaller version of PC just like smartphone serves like a smaller version of laptops. 

On 7/7/2022 at 11:41 PM, Kane99 said:

I need to mess with my sister's laptop soon, as she's dealing with ransomeware. Literally locked her laptop up, and made it look like she needed to call MS. I haven't had time to go over there to look at it yet, but I'm going to dread trying to solve it. I hope I can try to solve it. And on top of that, my nephew just got a new gaming PC for his b-day, so I worry that he will get viruses on that and cause issues there too. 

But my PC is doing just fine. But I am always paranoid about problems. Last week it shutdown on me out of nowhere. I thought it was a goner. 

Congratulations to your nephew on his new PC and always wish him happy birthday for me in arrears. You have already started making plans on getting games he would play on it and that's a great effort. 

On your PC that just shutdown on you out of the blue, I hope you didn't just overlook that because there was definitely something that caused that and you need to find that out.