Register Now
Darth

Streaming Games

Sony seems to have upped their promotion of PS Now on the PlayStation 4 itself and on other platforms (TV etc.). Do you think the PlayStation 5 will have a bigger focus on streaming games? Or do you think this is just some normal promotion to try and get more customers for the service? 

I think as time goes by they're all going to do what they can to phase out all physical games and everything will digital downloads. PlayStation, Nintendo, Xbox, and any other competitors that enter the mix whether they make it or not. But after seeing the train wreck that is Google Stadia, I highly doubt we'll see many new challengers to the Big 3.

Edited by The Blackangel
On 1/27/2020 at 7:06 PM, The Blackangel said:

I think as time goes by they're all going to do what they can to phase out all physical games and everything will digital downloads. PlayStation, Nintendo, Xbox, and any other competitors that enter the mix whether they make it or not. But after seeing the train wreck that is Google Stadia, I highly doubt we'll see many new challengers to the Big 3.

Agreed. Digital versions of games are going to become the norm so I think Sony is just jumping on that train as fast as they can.