Register Now
Jayson

Gaming on Airplanes

Believe it or not, now it's a form of entertainment - along with the movies.   Anyway, I don't think the games are that good, though (as in modern).  Well, they're probably games like chess or something. Actually, I can't remember what the games were - as it's been 10 years of so - since I've been on an airliner.

Questions

• Who has some ideas to improve airplane gaming?   
  • Would you probably like gaming better than the movies or music?
  • How long a trip would be needed to beat Donkey Kong Country, Mario Bros Wii or Galaxy? 😀

Edited by Jayson

Cellular and WiFi signals can cause interference with some cockpit instruments and equipment, that's why flight attendants will usually ask you to turn your phone or tablet off or at least onto airplane mode.  They should still let use them and other devices like the Switch offline.

If I'm awake I usually tend to just grab my MP3 player and listen to music. I would watch DVD's on my portable, but the noise airplanes make is too loud to hear the movies. Which is confusing because I can hear my music just fine.

But this MP3 player is a gift from the Gods. I've had it since the Bush administration, and even stepped on it accidentally at one point. And it still works as if I just took it out of the package. It has a 4gig storage and I absolutely love it.

Edited by The Blackangel

1 hour ago, Jayson said:

Actually, I was referring to games connected to the plane.   You don't have to bring the game - on the plane!

There seems to be a few airlines that offer games as part of their flight entertainment systems but it's certainly not common yet.  I still think more people would prefer to just simply bring a portable system like the Switch on the plane with them.

6 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

There seems to be a few airlines that offer games as part of their flight entertainment systems but it's certainly not common yet.  I still think more people would prefer to just simply bring a portable system like the Switch on the plane with them.

That's definitely me. I would much rather bring my own system than have to rely on whatever they chose for me to play.

Edited by The Blackangel

22 hours ago, Jayson said:

Actually, I was referring to games connected to the plane.   You don't have to bring the game - on the plane!

I think board games are perfect and they have no issues with other passengers and the plan functionality. I remember people playing cards in train and plane many times. 

WiFi transmissions may conflict with some the pilot equipment and instrument,  and that is why airline employees will typically tell you "please switch of your smartphone, or at least into Aeroplane Mode". It's for everyone's well-fare whilst in flight and safety comes first before entertainment. As someone who has travelled a lot, I tend to download excessive amounts of popular or recommended offline games. There's nothing worse than being bored on a 8hr flight. 

Edited by Alexander.

I never can't slep on the flight, and mostly I just watch films and TV shows that they got to offer 🙂 They do have basic little games that you can do however it's just simple and boring. Games that don't take much resources. If you was to do any gaming then use your own phone or what you have on you.