Register Now
Kane99

Have you ever tried your hand at making your own mobile game?

Have you ever made your own mobile game before? I wanted to in the past, but I didn't want to go through college to learn it. I'm thinking I may take some courses online so that I don't need to go to college forever. Plus, this way I can learn on my own time. 

Anyway, if you made a mobile game, feel free to share it. I'd love to give some a try. 

I am definitely thinking about it. 

There are plenty of tools for that like Gdevelop, Yoyogames creator, ct.js, defold and godot. 

If you want to create games then gdevelop and godot engine are the easiest tools to use for creating games. 

I recently looked at the tool called RPG Maker. I wish to learn it but currently the price for the asset to be used for that tool is a bit costly. I may have to save some money before using it for makiing game for mobile and PC. 

I was part of a crew that was making games in our spare time, but since the pandemic hit, we're on hiatus. I wasn't a developer, I was called a "thinker". I have a really creative imagination, and can come up with really good ideas for a base. We would tinker with it, add in things, take out things, and when we had the game we wanted, the writing and developing crew would take over. I can come up with ideas, but I'm useless beyond that point. Hell, I still don't even know how to use Photoshop.

I currently purchased Game Maker Studio 2 with license for desktop and mobile. I hope to release some game next year. And currently coming up with graphcs and storyline for platformer game. I may create thred for game maker soon once I have enough experience to share here. 

Never tired or even focus on making an app. There are so many app making apps that you can buy or download for free that's so easy to get away with but most are just crap. When I was at college I did web devolvement and coding with Javascript but that's on web-based and not an app or gaming devolvement.  

4 minutes ago, skyfire said:

I have recently tried out the RPG Maker MZ and may consider releasing the game but I am kind of struggling with a lot of small things as of now.

You're definitely going to need some help with those who are more of an expert in the field to assist you here in game making. 

6 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

I met a person recently who has started developing games for mobile. Dude is becoming a pro, hope he can make something out of this career. 

Does he have anything like a channel where he posts his progress or something for people to follow up on?