Register Now
The Blackangel

Favorite and Least Favorite Board Game

NOTE: Monopoly is not an option for this question.

What is you number one board game on both ends of the spectrum?

My absolute favorite board game if all time is Dragon Strike. I love running it as Teraptus. But if I’m not running it, then I have to play a thief.

But the game I stay as far away from as I can get, is Risk. I’m not a good sport with that one. I don’t know why, but that game brings out the absolute worst in me as far as games are. So for that reason alone, I refuse to play it.

I have never heard of Dragon Strike... Also, why is Monopoly not an option? It is my favourite board game, but since it's not an option, I'll go with Ludo. It's really fun to play with family. My least favourite is probably snakes and ladders - it's boring.

I wanted to eliminate Monopoly as an option because everyone either loves it or hates it. It's too obvious a choice, and would dull the conversation. So for that reason, Monopoly is void.

I've never heard of either of those games. I've heard of Chutes & Ladders, but not Snakes & Ladders. Unless you're making fun of it by tweaking the name.

3 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I wanted to eliminate Monopoly as an option because everyone either loves it or hates it. It's too obvious a choice, and would dull the conversation. So for that reason, Monopoly is void.

I've never heard of either of those games. I've heard of Chutes & Ladders, but not Snakes & Ladders. Unless you're making fun of it by tweaking the name.

Chutes & Ladders and Snakes & Ladders are the same thing haha.

On 10/7/2020 at 1:54 PM, ARx182 said:

Chess completely slipped out of my mind. Chess is definitely up there with my favourites, maybe even my favourite. I love the thinking and competitiveness in chess.  

I was just wondering if anyone wouldn't be kind enough to mention Chess board games. The level of thinking it pushes me to do whenever I play it really educates me. 

10 hours ago, Justin11 said:

I've played quite some games in 2021, but I've been around playing motorcycle GP more often than others. Another which I am devoting more time to, it's simply RDR2. 

None of these games that you have mentioned here are board games. It's like you haven't gotten around any board games yet? 

I tend to like Scrabble myself as English is my strong suit, and it's really the only board game I play. I don't think I know anyone who would really be into longer games such as Risk or Settlers of Catan. And despite it not an option I'm fine with Monopoly when I'm in a group that plays it correctly; if it's video game themed, all the better (I loved the Pokémon one years ago.)

As for least favourite, again, I don't play enough to say. KerPlunk used to be a favourite but it was incredibly noisy and I couldn't deal with the sensory Hell today. And games like Mouse Trap take too much time to set up, and the pieces were easily lost.