Register Now
Kane99

Ever deal with Joycon Drift?

Joycon Drift has been a big problem for the Nintendo Switch and Switch Lite since the consoles came out. Nintendo has since offered free re-pairs to those who have joycon drift. I had to send my nephews joycons in for repair, and Nintendo repaired them, no questions asked. I wonder how much money this has costed Nintendo, because the drift problem seems to happen for everyone eventually. Has it happened to your joycons yet? 

The Lite doesn't have that problem, because it's all one solid piece. It doesn't have removable joycons like the regular Switch. But I have used both, and that drift drove me nuts. Trying to play a game, and the controls keep running away from you is infuriating. Even though it's smaller, I still say the Lite is the superior option. All games are interchangeable between both versions of the Switch, because they're the exact same machine. The only downside to the Lite is no docking ability and it doesn't support a vibration function. Other than that, go for the Lite if you're considering buying one.

Unfortunately it does seem to happen for the Switch Lite as well. The problem with joycon drift, is that it's the analog sticks that have the problem. This can in turn happen with the Switch Lite. The only difference, is that you'd have to send in the full console to get it repaired. 😞

This article discusses how it's happening for Lite models as well. https://www.pcmag.com/news/nintendos-switch-lite-also-suffers-from-joy-con-drift\

The good news though, is that Nintendo will fix these problems for free if they can find it to be the problem. The downside is having to wait for your Switch Lite to come back.

I stand corrected. I was thinking that the controllers sliding off the console was "drifting". However, so far I haven't had to face a drifting issue with my Lite. So here's hoping that I don't end up having to face it, until a time comes when I lose all interest in my Lite and quit using it all together.