Register Now
Kane99

Too many remasters and too little new IPs

Just now, Head_Hunter said:

When you check at times, you'll simply find out that, the remake or remastered version is no difference with the previous version. That's why I don't care much about remastered. 

There are remasters that are really worth it. It's not all of them that's filled with crap. 

1 hour ago, Heatman said:

There are remasters that are really worth it. It's not all of them that's filled with crap. 

But it's rare to see, I know it isn't in soccer game series. Because it comes back being same game from the previous one. 

Edited by Head_Hunter

7 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

But it's rare to see, I know it isn't in soccer game series. Because it comes back being same game from the previous one. 

I don't think that there is anything like remasters in soccer games? How would that even be done? I'm not sure if it's possible. 

1 hour ago, Heatman said:

I don't think that there is anything like remasters in soccer games? How would that even be done? I'm not sure if it's possible. 

I've seen many remastered editions of soccer games in the past via my PS2. By that's an act of piracy, they simply remaster PES 2013, and do some player upgrades, kits, stadia and change the name to the current season. 

41 minutes ago, Head_Hunter said:

I've seen many remastered editions of soccer games in the past via my PS2. By that's an act of piracy, they simply remaster PES 2013, and do some player upgrades, kits, stadia and change the name to the current season. 

Wow, that must have really sucked for you being that you are a huge fan of FIFA game and they decided to disappoint like that. 

11 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Piracy simply will not move out from the gaming industry. They'll always divert means to recreate others creativity simply to make their own profit illegally. 

Pirates will always look for ways to exploit any brand if given the chance. Game companies should work hard in stopping these people. 

There's plenty of IPs coming out and indie games are at an all time high too. Compared to yesteryear when there would be 5/6 new releases per year, there's now 50 or so. We're just too used to seeing new releases. I love remasters. They take old games that I love and make them shiny and new (and able to be played without an old console).

I think remakes are great for deserving games. There are some extremely iconic games that were developed a decade ago that plenty of people would like remastered. Inherently I don't think it is a bad thing.

1 hour ago, Boblee said:

Pirates will always look for ways to exploit any brand if given the chance. Game companies should work hard in stopping these people. 

Yes, they are simply popping up everyday in the gaming industry acting anonymously simply deriving credits from another dev creativity. It will be worth it to carry out investigation around those pirating others works. 

On 10/23/2021 at 11:52 AM, Justin11 said:

Yes, they are simply popping up everyday in the gaming industry acting anonymously simply deriving credits from another dev creativity. It will be worth it to carry out investigation around those pirating others works. 

They can't be stopped that way but the gaming company can make it very easy for themselves with their games by having a key embedded in the software that it can't be playable when it's not downloaded from the right source. 

14 hours ago, Boblee said:

They can't be stopped that way but the gaming company can make it very easy for themselves with their games by having a key embedded in the software that it can't be playable when it's not downloaded from the right source. 

If it's possible for the real owners of the game, then surely it will reduce the act of piracy. Because, their is strict security that hinders buyers who bought it from the illegal source from accessing it. 

On 10/28/2021 at 9:05 PM, Justin11 said:

If it's possible for the real owners of the game, then surely it will reduce the act of piracy. Because, their is strict security that hinders buyers who bought it from the illegal source from accessing it. 

It's more like asking for no criminal to exist again. Could that be possible? I'm not sure if it would ever happen but rather it can only get worse. 

8 hours ago, Heatman said:

It's more like asking for no criminal to exist again. Could that be possible? I'm not sure if it would ever happen but rather it can only get worse. 

It can't be eradicated totally, but if more robust security is brought in, it should reduce the level of criminals 'online or offline from getting worse. 

58 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

It can't be eradicated totally, but if more robust security is brought in, it should reduce the level of criminals 'online or offline from getting worse. 

A lot of them that are involved in game piracy are making millions of dollars and there is a possibility that the law is aware of their acts but probably having something to gain from some of them.