Register Now
Kane99

Looking for crime game suggestions

I've been wanting to play some crime based games lately, stuff where I can investigate, or be a part of the investigation. I love L.A. Noire for that reason and would love to try some other games that are similar in style and gameplay. Do you guys have any suggestions?

L.A. Noire is a favorite of mine as well although it's been close to a year since I last played it. The vanishing of Ethan Carter is a game I've heard some good things about. Murdered: Soul Suspect is a really underrated one but is a very solid addition. The gameplay is more linear than the vanishing or Noire as both titles are open-world games.

Depending on which platform you're wanting to play on would help narrow down games. I have 3 on my Switch that are fun. I don't know what all platforms they're available on, so you would want to look into that depending on what you're playing on. These may not really be what you're looking for, but here's the trailers anyway.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

American Fugitive

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Earthworms

Thief Simulator

Edited by The Blackangel

14 hours ago, killamch89 said:

L.A. Noire is a favorite of mine as well although it's been close to a year since I last played it. The vanishing of Ethan Carter is a game I've heard some good things about. Murdered: Soul Suspect is a really underrated one but is a very solid addition. The gameplay is more linear than the vanishing or Noire as both titles are open-world games.

I've heard of The Vanishing of Ethan Carter, but I don't recall if I played it. I played Murdered: Soul Suspect. Thought it was decent, but it was too easy of a game imo. 

6 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Depending on which platform you're wanting to play on would help narrow down games. I have 3 on my Switch that are fun. I don't know what all platforms they're available on, so you would want to look into that depending on what you're playing on. These may not really be what you're looking for, but here's the trailers anyway.

American Fugitive

Earthworms

Thief Simulator

I've heard of American Fugitive, and will gladly look into that one some further. Can't say I've heard of Earthworms, but after that trailer, I now want to know more. Thief Simulator looks like a blast to play. 

5 hours ago, skyfire said:

Have you played saints row?

Played Saints Row 1-4 🙂 I wish they were making new games in the series, but I know it's been shuffled with studios for a while now, so I wonder who would be even making a new Saints Row. Anyway, I can always revisit the first game again. Haven't played it since 2010 I'd guess. 

5 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I've heard of The Vanishing of Ethan Carter, but I don't recall if I played it. I played Murdered: Soul Suspect. Thought it was decent, but it was too easy of a game imo. 

I agree about Murdered but I felt it was unfairly deemed a bad game because it didn't have any multiplayer or online game modes.

On 11/5/2020 at 12:33 AM, Kane99 said:

Played Saints Row 1-4 🙂 I wish they were making new games in the series, but I know it's been shuffled with studios for a while now, so I wonder who would be even making a new Saints Row. Anyway, I can always revisit the first game again. Haven't played it since 2010 I'd guess. 

There are going to be updates to the frachise. I read news about them during the first round of lockdown. not sure what is the status of them now. 

Sherlock holmes game series and there are allot of them. 

Just google and Bang! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sherlock_Holmes_(video_game_series)

And another new game series coming in 2021 and it has high demands at the moment. Most of the games are not overpriced and they are fun and requires you to think more before acting.  

Then L.A. Noire 🙂 has been mentioned and I do like that game myself.