Register Now
Kane99

Mike Tyson wants to make a new Punch out, will Nintendo do it?

Mike Tyson was talking on a recent podcast and mentioned he would love to make a new Punch-Out game with Nintendo. There's no news on whether this will actually happen. My guess is no, because of Tyson's past history, including his past behavior and actions. As well, Nintendo already moved on and made other Punch-Out games without Tyson. 

You can read more about this news here - Nintendo Link

Do you think Nintendo would ever do another Mike Tyson's Punch Out? Or, maybe they will go a completely different direction, and go with another popular boxer, maybe one still fighting. What do you guys think?

I think there could be another Punch-Out!! because as far as I'm aware its not Mike Tyson's property, and Super Punch-Out!!'s omission of Tyson means he isn't a requirement. According to the Wikipedia page, Tyson's likeness was only rumoured to have been purchased for three-years. So what Tyson wants is as relevent as what I want. By the way Nintendo, I'd love a sequel to Warioplace ft. Withywarlock if you get chance. Same deal as before, please.

Like you I don't think it'll happen. While I find a lot of Nintendo's business decisions baffling I don't think that they'd be fine tarnishing their brand working with a registered sex offender. Some may be able to forgive his past transgressions, some may be ignorant of them as I was until now, but I'm doubtful his name is worth the potential damage it could cause Nintendo's brand. They're nothing if not conservative, especially when dealing with the West with localisation.

Maybe if he pays for what the whole game will cost, otherwise, they can't make a game they never planned to do just because of one individual's request, on the other hand, since Mike Tyson is a popular guy, they might actually do it, and because of the legacy of his, lot of people might buy it just because Tyson did.

It'll never happen. After the rape allegations, Nintendo quickly released Punch Out!! with Tyson removed and the character Mr. Dream in his place. The difficulty was the same, and the characters looked really similar, but at the time it had to be done due to the seriousness of the claims by the women he attacked. Now, after biting chunks of ears off, and head butting boxers in the ring among other shit moves, Nintendo will never work with him to make a video game with his likeness again. They don't have a lot of integrity, but they do have that much at least.

A boxing game with another legend would be awesome. Foreman, Mayweather, Ali, etc.

Yeah, get punch-out by mike himself then get ripped afterwards. Not for me. 😛  Seems a poor made game to me, come on they can do better then that then. Age of the game it seems, but year not much I can go on or no idea about the Tyson's history. Anyone played this?

21 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

I liked punch out when I was growing up. Now, I'm not sure how realistic will it be though but I can imagine they won't have Mike Tyson biting off someone's ear or threatening to eat their kids. Where's the fun in that? (sarcasm).

New game should be called Mike Tyson's Bite Out! 

On 1/14/2021 at 11:54 PM, Shole said:

I recently watched The Mike Tyson Mystery Team, and it is something so fun and bizarre so I kinda want to see Punch Out being made but with those characters in it as well xD

I'm curious thought - is Mike Tyson's taunt going to be " I'll eat your kids!". Mike Tyson probably takes the term kids meal a bit too literal XD