Register Now
22_22

A video game series that you just refuse to buy.

Is there a specific video game series that no matter what they release, you just refuse to buy? Maybe you have a reason for never wanting to purchase it, or maybe there is just a better series out there?

For me I guess it would be Pro Evolution Soccer. I only ever purchased their games at a cheap price back in the day, so that I could increase my gamerscore, but I was never really interested in the gameplay. I was always a lover of FIFA but now I play Football Manager, so because I would most likely go to these two options for football based games, I do not think I would ever go near PES again.

Not into F1 series games, even that I do have F1 2013 and 2016 I do not think it's worth on getting into the game that I'm not good at. Each year they release a new F1 game and each year I know so many people who buy it each year and as a full collection. Not cheap since they are over £30 to £40 a time.

2 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

For personal taste, I don’t buy anything GTA, because the series is just pointless and boring to me.

Not even doing FIveM related and join RP servers? 

Battlefield franchise

I don't understand how can this series exist in the same universe as COD. I'm not a big fan of COD either. But when it comes to comparing the two battlefield is complete and utter guano that makes COD look like a masterpiece.

Burnout series

And by extension any game developed by criterion, as it is the antithesis of physics. Their motto should be: "We look at how cars behave in the real world and make sure our games don't resemble it in the slightest"

7 minutes ago, Albertlovecandy said:

RPGs like FF and Earthbound. I just don't see how they're fun. 

Final Fantasy is definitely an acquired taste. I'm a FF8 nut, and initially had zero interest in the game. I don't remember what got me to playing it, but I slaughter it now.

Edited by The Blackangel

On 2/2/2021 at 11:02 AM, The Blackangel said:

Due to personal trauma in the marines, I don’t buy anything military related. Games like CoD.

For personal taste, I don’t buy anything GTA, because the series is just pointless and boring to me.

Till this very date, I never got any GTA series because it's not really my thing. Although, I have played it a few times at a friend's but never open to buying it. 

4 hours ago, Heatman said:

Till this very date, I never got any GTA series because it's not really my thing. Although, I have played it a few times at a friend's but never open to buying it. 

One of my problems with GTA is that I can't figure out what the damn goal is. I don't know what your mission in the game is or what you're supposed to be doing. I talked to dozens of people and no one said anything of any kind of substance, so I just stole cars and ran people over. That's not much of a game in my opinion.

Nowadays, it's any EA sports title - I refuse to spend my hard-earned money another one of those broken, buggy messes of a game. Every year they regurgitate the same game with one or two gimmicks and a minor graphical boost and sell it for premium prices.

1 hour ago, The Blackangel said:

One of my problems with GTA is that I can't figure out what the damn goal is. I don't know what your mission in the game is or what you're supposed to be doing. I talked to dozens of people and no one said anything of any kind of substance, so I just stole cars and ran people over. That's not much of a game in my opinion.

Haha, that's very hilarious but as much as I'm not really into GTA games, I think it's not all about stealing cars. Although as an open world game, anything goes in it.