Register Now
StaceyPowers

Who here pays for subscription services?

I paid for EA Play, but as a substitute to buying games. There were several games I was interested in trying, and I could do that with paying one month. And it's a good thing too that I chose this route, because none of the candidate games were to my liking very much. At the end of the month I ended my subscription.

I also did the same on UPlay plus when AC: Valhalla came out. I figured I can finish the game in 30 days and I was right, so basically I paid 75% less and got the exact same experience.

I'd never consider subscribing to any of them on the long term, as it would pressure me into playing games whether I want to or not, so that the subscription doesn't go to waste.

Edited by m76

I've trialled EA play before and I'm currently contemplating getting the Xbox Gamepass as well. The one thing I'd say I disliked was the fact that the prices keep increasing every year whereas other subscription services in other sectors are every 2-3 years and the increase is very minimal.

No, not really. I don't pay for any subscription. I do have bought some royal passes in PUBG games , that gets renewed every 3 months. But, that I don't have to pay the full amount, I get some discounts for my existing royal pass. 😊

2 hours ago, Razor1911 said:

No, not really. I don't pay for any subscription. I do have bought some royal passes in PUBG games , that gets renewed every 3 months. But, that I don't have to pay the full amount, I get some discounts for my existing royal pass. 😊

If it's something that interests me, I would definitely give into paying for it but at least for now, I'm not moved for it. 

22 hours ago, Heatman said:

If it's something that interests me, I would definitely give into paying for it but at least for now, I'm not moved for it. 

Most of the MMO games requires you to upgrade your weapons and equipments. Either you do it by XP points or by money, many people who don't want to wait for upgrades, buy with real money. But I rather prefer to use my XP points. Obviously it takes much time to accumulate those points. 😉

I pay the Entry Subscription for Final Fantasy XIV, which is about £7.69 as opposed to the £9.99(?) which allows you to play more than a single character, and the veteran rewards is a good loyalty scheme to take the sting out of it. I might also be paying for D&D Beyond for the unlimited character slots and being able to share resources with my other players, but it means choosing digital over print, which I don't particularly want to do.

With how World of Warcraft's been doing lately I'm a lot more conscious of what I'm getting for my subscription and if I'm comfortable with it ticking over for another month.

1 hour ago, Razor1911 said:

Most of the MMO games requires you to upgrade your weapons and equipments. Either you do it by XP points or by money, many people who don't want to wait for upgrades, buy with real money. But I rather prefer to use my XP points. Obviously it takes much time to accumulate those points. 😉

Most people I know make use of XP points as they aren't willing to do it with real cash. If they make it easy to get XP points, people won't pay for it again. 

On 8/4/2021 at 3:08 PM, Heatman said:

Most people I know make use of XP points as they aren't willing to do it with real cash. If they make it easy to get XP points, people won't pay for it again. 

Lol. That is also a business tactic. I mean, if they would have provided those XP points so easily, why would people buy with real money. 😆 That's how they generate profit. 😊

14 hours ago, Razor1911 said:

Lol. That is also a business tactic. I mean, if they would have provided those XP points so easily, why would people buy with real money. 😆 That's how they generate profit. 😊

Exactly, you get that completely. There wouldn't be any essence in making use of money when you can easily accumulate XP points. 

On 8/4/2021 at 2:57 AM, Razor1911 said:

So true - I normally level the hard way. Why must I spend extra just to get a quick boost and it'll become a habit if I continue.

17 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

So true - I normally level the hard way. Why must I spend extra just to get a quick boost and it'll become a habit if I continue.

In my point of view, it's more fun playing the hard way. What's the fun in it when you go easy?