Register Now
StaceyPowers

Worst thing to happen to you because of an autosave?

In GTA 4, the mission where you have to decide if you want to kill Derrick or Francis Mcreary, i killed Francis and regretted that later, but i couldn't load a previous save to pass the mission again because i always had autosave enabled in the game, Francis offers money and removing wanted stars feature when Derrick offers nothing (and dies later ._.)

Only once has this happen. I was playing baten kaitos (rpg) and I saved. No warning or anything but right afterwards there was a big fight that I was totally unprepared and under leveled. I tried to win but never got close, and I couldn't exit to level up. I had to restart my game. Now every time I'm given an option to choose which file to save my game I always alternate between two save files.

14 hours ago, Razor1911 said:

It is really painful when the last saving point is when you were getting some bullets on your ass. It had happened to me once or twice but Killamch89 really had good experiences with it. 😆

@KillMajor47 @killamch89will better explain his side of this story. 😆

It happened to me a few times in various FPS as well as some RPGs as well. It's annoying yet hilarious at the same time.

7 hours ago, killamch89 said:

It happened to me a few times in various FPS as well as some RPGs as well. It's annoying yet hilarious at the same time.

That's why in most of the games I do like to have manual savings.

I know I have gaming Alzheimer disease 😆, and most of the time I forget to save the plot, but still it's far far better than autosaving in such a nasty time.😊

On 7/28/2021 at 7:30 AM, Razor1911 said:

It is really painful when the last saving point is when you were getting some bullets on your ass. It had happened to me once or twice but Killamch89 really had good experiences with it. 😆

@KillMajor47 @killamch89will better explain his side of this story. 😆

Seriously, I have good reasons to believe that most people who are into shooting games have experienced that on more than one occasion. 

7 hours ago, Heatman said:

Seriously, I have good reasons to believe that most people who are into shooting games have experienced that on more than one occasion. 

The developers try their hard to make games as smooth as possible. But autosaving really spoils the whole show. 😆

There should be some logic, when the battle is finished then only the game should get saved, not in between a battle while getting punches of our faces. Lol 😁😆

8 minutes ago, Razor1911 said:

The developers try their hard to make games as smooth as possible. But autosaving really spoils the whole show. 😆

There should be some logic, when the battle is finished then only the game should get saved, not in between a battle while getting punches of our faces. Lol 😁😆

If it's possible for them (The developers) to work in a sequence with which the autosave comes in, it may actually help give the gamers clue when it's about to happen so they be prepared for it.