Register Now
StaceyPowers

Was there a video game your parents banned?

Were there any specific video games that were banned in your household growing up? If so, did you find ways to play those games anyway?

My parents banned all RPGs of any nature, whether video games, tabletop, or LARP. I played MUDs though, and they never knew.

On 5/20/2021 at 5:22 PM, Patrik said:

GTA SAMP as i was spending so much time in it, but it all got fine once i proved that i'm doing well in school (this happened in 2015)

To be fair, I always did well when it came to academics so my parents didn't care that much about whatever else I did 🤣🤣

On 5/19/2021 at 11:18 PM, The Blackangel said:

As long as I was silent and unseen, they didn't care.

Exactly, it's something that I learnt very well how do deal with my parents back then. I had to play my games most times around 2:00am. 

Not banned actually, they had restricted my playing. Actually when PUBG was launched initially, I used to play almost 8 to 10 hours at a stretch. my parents were like "what the hell my son is doing in front of the screen whole day".

Later they had strictly told me to play only for 4hours a day. Even at that time, I had grown eyesight problem for using the screen for that long time. 😏

1 hour ago, Razor1911 said:

Not banned actually, they had restricted my playing. Actually when PUBG was launched initially, I used to play almost 8 to 10 hours at a stretch. my parents were like "what the hell my son is doing in front of the screen whole day".

Later they had strictly told me to play only for 4hours a day. Even at that time, I had grown eyesight problem for using the screen for that long time. 😏

My parents both banned and restricted me from ever playing video games because a kid in our neighborhood stole his parents money to buy Playstation 2. 

On 7/22/2021 at 12:29 AM, Heatman said:

My parents both banned and restricted me from ever playing video games because a kid in our neighborhood stole his parents money to buy Playstation 2. 

So you got the punishment for that? 😆

But when PlayStation 2 was initially launched, the price was quite expensive. I only imagine how much money that kid had to Steal to buy that PS2?  😆

They always said about how bad and not a good idea regards playing GTA games, But turns out that I always been playing GTA 🙂 SInce a young age, but has not chnaged me at all. Other then playing GTA with mods to be a cop mostly, in RPing.

All I can say that they have taken away Halo game from me, I spent so many long hours each day they got fedup with it.

On 7/24/2021 at 8:59 AM, Razor1911 said:

So you got the punishment for that? 😆

But when PlayStation 2 was initially launched, the price was quite expensive. I only imagine how much money that kid had to Steal to buy that PS2?  😆

Seriously, it was a very big problem for a lot of kids in our neighborhood then as lots of parents become very worried about it. 

The kid's family were quite rich they could afford such money easily. 

1 hour ago, Family sedan said:

My parents banned me from playing NASCAR Racing 2 until I got better at school.  This was early 1997.

Well, if you will compromise with your study, obviously you are inviting trouble from your parents. 😆

At first, when my board exams results were out, it was far below expectations. Then I realised that, if I want to keep playing, my results should be good enough for my parents to be happy. 😆

4 hours ago, Family sedan said:

My parents banned me from playing NASCAR Racing 2 until I got better at school.  This was early 1997.

Haha, when you fluff your grades, there is no way you would expect to be rewarded. You're getting gaming grounded immediately.