Register Now
StaceyPowers

Would you want to automatically be good at every game you played?

Hell no. If I was automatically good at every game, that would remove the challenge and make gaming boring as hell. It would turn me off from gaming entirely since I could just get far without having to learn what the hell I'm supposed to be doing.

For example, I know absolutely everything about Zelda A Link To The Past on SNES. And I mean EVERYTHING. I can tell you where all the heart pieces are, and even what bee to catch. Did you know that there is a different bee from the majority? Bet you didn't. I also know how to get to the secret Chris Houlihan room. Most people don't even know that exists. Dis you know that when you freeze your enemies if you smash them with the hammer you will get a magic bottle 90% of the time? If you keep paying at the pond of wishing in the fairy fountain in the middle of lake Hylia that the queen fairy will up you carrying capacity to 50 bombs and 70 arrows? It will cost you 1400 rupees in total, but it's definitely worth it.

Knowing everything about the game has made it boring, but I still play it.

That'd get boring real quick - I like to hone my skills until I'm the best at that game and being automatically good at every game I play remove the sense of accomplishment. It's like have universal knowledge, do you know how boring that is? Yes, you could have an easy life but what's the point?

I wouldn't want to be TOO good at every game I played but I do think I'd like to be somewhat good at them. I mean, I need a degree of difficulty for a challenge and to keep me entertained but also if it's too difficult I would just give up. I'd still like to see my top score being the number one spot though...only after working hard at it though!

I think it's going to be a boring thing on the long run because no game would be interesting to me anymore as I know I'm very good at it. There wouldn't be pressure or tension when playing, so it's not fun. 

On 7/14/2021 at 11:50 AM, Patrik said:

hell no lol, what's funny, is that games are more fun when you are bad at them, especially online ones, once u go competitive mode, fun disappears...

Being bad at games actually makes for a fun time with other terrible players because you all get a laugh out of it. There are times where the troll in me will kick in and I start playing horrendously just so that I can anger my teammates especially when they take the game way too seriously.

12 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

Being bad at games actually makes for a fun time with other terrible players because you all get a laugh out of it. There are times where the troll in me will kick in and I start playing horrendously just so that I can anger my teammates especially when they take the game way too seriously.

Exactly, it actually gives you the pressure to keep on trying to get better at it and prove to your peer that you are better by beating them. I can remember my experience with playing winning eleven soccer years ago with my classmates. 

15 minutes ago, Heatman said:

Exactly, it actually gives you the pressure to keep on trying to get better at it and prove to your peer that you are better by beating them. I can remember my experience with playing winning eleven soccer years ago with my classmates. 

It's true I went from one of the worst PVP players on Champions Online to a top 5 fighter years ago and I took a few loses early on but once I got the hang of it, I could tkae on 2-3 people at a time and defeat them all relatively easy.

20 hours ago, Razor1911 said:

Nope. I would never want to get perfect in every game. That will surely lower the interest of game. The main excitement of a game is to start from scratch and learn each and every tactics of the game. I know it takes time, but surely it pumps up my adrenaline.

Exactly, you are absolutely right with your assessment because it definitely takes away the excitement of playing the game completely which sucks. 

21 hours ago, Heatman said:

Exactly, you are absolutely right with your assessment because it definitely takes away the excitement of playing the game completely which sucks. 

It's truly enjoyable when you start a game from scratch as noob, and then you find out the controls. You play hard and master of the controls, that feeling is something amazing. 😁

11 hours ago, Razor1911 said:

It's truly enjoyable when you start a game from scratch as noob, and then you find out the controls. You play hard and master of the controls, that feeling is something amazing. 😁

When the controls are initially a bitch and a half to learn, but end up becoming second nature, that is a major feeling of accomplishment. Simply because you have mastered one of the unintentionally most difficult parts of the game. Due to it employing both joysticks, I was barely able to walk when I first started playing RDR2. Now I don't even have to think to do what I need to. It's all second nature.

Edited by The Blackangel