Register Now
StaceyPowers

Do you keep your game cases?

You mean the actual disc case? I didn't even know some people throw it away. As for games that come in special boxes / cases, those are collectible who in their right mind would throw them out?

But I'm ocd about keeping the original packaging of everything. I always think that when I eventually going to sell it it will be easier if I have the original packaging, but ofc that is never the case. It just comes down to whether someone wants it or not.

Edited by m76

I always keep the cases, I kinda assumed that's what most people do.  I mean who wants to put all their physical copies in a disc folder instead of displaying them on a shelf?  Unless it's games for a portable system like the Switch you only need them while you're at home.

13 hours ago, Empire said:

I have some laying around from back from the day, mostly PS2 and also PC cases games with discs still inside of them 🙂 It's a nostalgia/aesthetic thing... as well as organizational. I can always find my games if they're in boxes with proper cover art.

I do know of a guy that stored his older PS games in one of those CD holders. I mean, it's a decent alternative if you don't have space for the cases but I love reading the manuals and looking at the game art all around the case.

For some reason I've never made it habit to keep cases for PC games whenever I buy a physical copy. For my Xbox and Nintendo Switch games that I don't buy digitally I definitely keep in cases and like to display them. I get warm and fuzzy feelings whenever I see my games lined up neatly across the room. haha

6 hours ago, Sharon said:

For some reason I've never made it habit to keep cases for PC games whenever I buy a physical copy. For my Xbox and Nintendo Switch games that I don't buy digitally I definitely keep in cases and like to display them. I get warm and fuzzy feelings whenever I see my games lined up neatly across the room. haha

Exactly - it's practically the same feelings with to why I'd love to keep my game cases. Why should I just throw them away? 🙄