Register Now
StaceyPowers

Helmet or no helmet?

It depends entirely on how good the character/armour looks without. If I want to be a generic soldier in a massive battle scene, then sure, helmet on. Otherwise I tend to like to have the helmet off. Exceptions to those more tactical situations are when I'm wearing a hat (stetson or beret, usually) to show that I'm the one NPCs are going to talk with.

On 10/23/2021 at 8:22 PM, StaceyPowers said:

In games with a “helmet off” display option for your character and/or followers, do you usually take it?

I do. I know that the helmet is “on” in terms of armor, and am fine with accepting the idea of invisible helmets since I prefer to look at the characters.

Take for instance in Motor GP, there is always a helmet support because it's very vital for the survival of the playing character unlike when you crash without it. 

In GTA you have option to have it on or off 😉 If you drive away fast you can't put it on, but if you stop or wait and then your fake guy puts it on. With FiveM or mods you can have it setup to not wear an helmet.

I have Helmet on for realism and helps from not dying 😛 

11 hours ago, m76 said:

Depends on the game, in a fantasy game always helmet off, but in a space game it wouldn't make much sense.

I can't argue less on this two with the game's set up that decides if the hemlet is needed or not. If it's important for the games progress, the club will lose their identity.