Register Now
Empire

Would you rather lose the ability to read or lose the ability to speak?

It would be very hard in life to not be able to read. It would make things very difficult. 
However, I have tried to be deaf for a day due to being it a required class assignment in a sign language class I took and it was a bit challenging It would be less of a challenge as time went on.  ASL (American sign language ) is beautiful and there is such a warm and community feeling with deaf people. So yeah I much rather lose the ability to speak. 

I've already lost the ability to speak, lol.  You know since so many in the US don't have any real freedom of speech.  

Anyway, on a serious side, reading is pretty vital, so I'd say speaking is less serious.  However, both things are massively bad.

I can count how many times I talked this evening, just me and my phone, I talk to myself gradually. I stay online and i read alot, if I don't know to read i can't be here. Reading is too essential for any online user, but I don't want to lose any. 

On 11/12/2021 at 1:17 PM, Empire said:

Simple easy, pick your answer that you strongly swing introvert or extrovert, this might be pretty easy for you.

Losing ability to read in the sense of losing my sight? If so, I would rather not be able to speak. Blindness is hell on earth. 

8 minutes ago, Heatman said:

Losing ability to read in the sense of losing my sight? If so, I would rather not be able to speak. Blindness is hell on earth. 

Others would say the opposite to what you just said you know, they rather speak and not see. but end of the day it can happen to anyone and you have no powers to pick. 

Just now, Empire said:

Others would say the opposite to what you just said you know, they rather speak and not see. but end of the day it can happen to anyone and you have no powers to pick. 

Yeah, I know that very well. Preference will definitely differ but as for me, I can always express myself without having to talk but not seeing what the world looks like and all it comes with, I can't fathom it.