Register Now
StaceyPowers

Who are your favorite reviewers?

2 hours ago, Shagger said:

I did play on an Atari in my very early youth in the late 80's early 90's, but my gaming "career" (if you like) didn't really get going properly until the mid-late 90's. There were magazines and the Games Master TV show, but knowledge of what games were good and bad as well as tips and such spread largely through word of mouth. Kids in school would pass around what they knew to thier friends and so on. I suppose the same thing happens online today just on a much larger scale with user reviews, user scores, social media and, not forgetting, internet forums.

It would have been even worse for kids in the 70's and 80's because there was no real way to tell what games were good and games were what bad. Video games were just perceived differently as well. They were toys back then, so a review of a video would be taken with all the credibility of a review of a Barbie doll. Even when there was reviews of a game, the market was so saturated that only so many games got coverage. So yeah, that was the dark ages. The popularity of arcades were also a factor, the was just not as many people playing games at home. Still, even then, there was word of mouth, but that was really about it.

Seriously, definitely those times in the 70's were indeed a big dark ages for games because there is no way to get real intel on games before playing it. It was definitely a hard time back then. 

15 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

Those who existed in 70s, 80s and early 90s, got their own way of getting the appropriate recommendation for a video game. If not, you could've heard those who played then telling you they got cheated all the time. 

What could be the very possible way for them to know more about the games that they want to play before getting the games for themselves? I can't really think of anything. 

7 hours ago, Boblee said:

What could be the very possible way for them to know more about the games that they want to play before getting the games for themselves? I can't really think of anything. 

As I've said, I didn't exist during the days of 70s-90s. Just as Shagger said, it comes mostly through word of mouth. Which shows that, recommendations comes in through friends and friends of friends telling each other about a game that worths it. 

11 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

As I've said, I didn't exist during the days of 70s-90s. Just as Shagger said, it comes mostly through word of mouth. Which shows that, recommendations comes in through friends and friends of friends telling each other about a game that worths it. 

Yeah, maybe or they don't even get any recommendations at all, it really depends on a lot of things per say. 

6 hours ago, Justin11 said:

I found another quality video game reviewer in 'Lazygamereviews (LGR). Their are lots of quality reviews I found on the reviewers YouTube channel and it's very informative. You can find some of the amazing reviews of worst PC games below. 

I would take out time to check them out and see how many reviews they have done so far. 

9 hours ago, Justin11 said:

I found another quality video game reviewer in 'Lazygamereviews (LGR). Their are lots of quality reviews I found on the reviewers YouTube channel and it's very informative. You can find some of the amazing reviews of worst PC games below. 

Some of what they said aligned well with what I have seen some of WatchMojo reviews. 

8 hours ago, Heatman said:

Some of what they said aligned well with what I have seen some of WatchMojo reviews. 

I saw it too, looks similar to the facts which WatchMojo or angryjoe use to cover. I really love what the reviewer stated, I'll be keeping close call to his YouTube gaming channel ( LGR). 

4 hours ago, Justin11 said:

I saw it too, looks similar to the facts which WatchMojo or angryjoe use to cover. I really love what the reviewer stated, I'll be keeping close call to his YouTube gaming channel ( LGR). 

Yeah, I was really impressed that they did something that's close to what WatchMojo gave on some of their games. 

15 hours ago, Heatman said:

Yeah, I was really impressed that they did something that's close to what WatchMojo gave on some of their games. 

Such amused me too, it shows competition around game reviewers. Which forces any one of them to give their all and promote something worthwhile. 

6 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Such amused me too, it shows competition around game reviewers. Which forces any one of them to give their all and promote something worthwhile. 

Actually, I have a very good reason to believe that the competition makes them to get more better and better in their reviews. 

On 12/25/2021 at 10:36 PM, Heatman said:

Actually, I have a very good reason to believe that the competition makes them to get more better and better in their reviews. 

Even in business, competition makes both the sellers to other the best when it comes to their products otherwise they suffer for it. 

On 12/25/2021 at 10:36 PM, Heatman said:

Yes of course, because when they hit low quality videos, they'll be criticised about that, which makes the other reviewers to acquire more subs and more views for reviewing excellent videos. 

1 hour ago, Justin11 said:

Yes of course, because when they hit low quality videos, they'll be criticised about that, which makes the other reviewers to acquire more subs and more views for reviewing excellent videos. 

Yeah, when you see a loophole or a weakness in your rival or competition, it's the next best time to take advantage and get ahead.