Register Now
StaceyPowers

Who are your favorite reviewers?

11 hours ago, Heatman said:

Two people can actually answer the same name with a slight difference to differentiate them from each other. 

Yeah, it is very much possible to answer same channel name via YouTube. Their is no penalty for that, since both aren't copying or uploading same video reviews. 

17 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Yeah, it is very much possible to answer same channel name via YouTube. Their is no penalty for that, since both aren't copying or uploading same video reviews. 

Although, I haven't seen any reviews they have on some games but I believe they wouldn't be that bad. I will still look up on their channel to see what they are capable of. 

4 hours ago, Heatman said:

Although, I haven't seen any reviews they have on some games but I believe they wouldn't be that bad. I will still look up on their channel to see what they are capable of. 

I have actually used their reviews for some games and they aren't that half bad. They are almost similar to what Angry Joe does in his reviews. 

7 hours ago, Heatman said:

Maybe you should take some time out again, and see what the YouTube channel have achieved I'm terms of video contents shared. 

11 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Maybe you should take some time out again, and see what the YouTube channel have achieved I'm terms of video contents shared. 

Yeah I would definitely do that because I always make use of game's reviews almost all the time. 

6 hours ago, Heatman said:

Yeah I would definitely do that because I always make use of game's reviews almost all the time. 

Once you're an active gamer, there is no way you wouldn't check one to two reviews on games on daily basis in order to be updated always. 

The essence of many being around online gaming forums like this, is simply to get enlightened about what's going on with video game niche. Make selections of video game, and avoid losing funds carelessly due to weird choice that occured due to lack of proper information about the game. 

6 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

The essence of many being around online gaming forums like this, is simply to get enlightened about what's going on with video game niche. Make selections of video game, and avoid losing funds carelessly due to weird choice that occured due to lack of proper information about the game. 

Some people feel like they know it all and they get to pay heavily for their ignorance. It's why when it comes to getting news games, I follow all due procedures. 

1 hour ago, Boblee said:

Some people feel like they know it all and they get to pay heavily for their ignorance. It's why when it comes to getting news games, I follow all due procedures. 

Ignorance is a very big problem for those that allow it take control of them and their decisions. It's why I like my friends why are always well informed. 

On 12/21/2021 at 10:24 AM, Justin11 said:

That's normal routine, you'll definitely check for reviews, in order to be certain of what you want to play next, or simply learn how to play a new game. 

I really wonder how gamers coped back then when there isn't much reviews on games that people play games blindly? 

1 hour ago, Boblee said:

I really wonder how gamers coped back then when there isn't much reviews on games that people play games blindly? 

Hmm, I really think of them too. I guess they have solutions that time. Let's wait to hear from those who played during 80s, 90s. Like, @Crazycrab, @Shagger. They will have better understanding how they got recommended with the right video game options. 

53 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

Hmm, I really think of them too. I guess they have solutions that time. Let's wait to hear from those who played during 80s, 90s. Like, @Crazycrab, @Shagger. They will have better understanding how they got recommended with the right video game options. 

I did play on an Atari in my very early youth in the late 80's early 90's, but my gaming "career" (if you like) didn't really get going properly until the mid-late 90's. There were magazines and the Games Master TV show, but knowledge of what games were good and bad as well as tips and such spread largely through word of mouth. Kids in school would pass around what they knew to thier friends and so on. I suppose the same thing happens online today just on a much larger scale with user reviews, user scores, social media and, not forgetting, internet forums.

It would have been even worse for kids in the 70's and 80's because there was no real way to tell what games were good and games were what bad. Video games were just perceived differently as well. They were toys back then, so a review of a video would be taken with all the credibility of a review of a Barbie doll. Even when there was reviews of a game, the market was so saturated that only so many games got coverage. So yeah, that was the dark ages. The popularity of arcades were also a factor, the was just not as many people playing games at home. Still, even then, there was word of mouth, but that was really about it.

Edited by Shagger

23 minutes ago, Shagger said:

I did play on an Atari in my very early youth in the late 80's early 90's, but my gaming "career" (if you like) didn't really get going properly until the mid-late 90's. There were magazines and the Games Master TV show, but knowledge of what games were good and bad as well as tips and such spread largely through word of mouth. Kids in school would pass around what they knew to thier friends and so on. I suppose the same thing happens online today just on a much larger scale with user reviews, user scores, social media and, not forgetting, internet forums.

It would have been even worse for kids in the 70's and 80's because there was no real way to tell what games were good and games were what bad. Video games were just perceived differently as well. They were toys back then, so a review of a video would be taken with all the credibility of a review of a Barbie doll. Even when there was reviews of a game, the market was so saturated that only so many games got coverage. So yeah, that was the dark ages. The popularity of arcades were also a factor, the was just not as many people playing games at home. Still, even then, there was word of mouth, but that was really about it.

Thanks alot Shagger, I got your information properly, and I got how the message was spread back then when it comes to video game recommendations. Which is mainly spread through 'word of mouth, just as you've said. It's really of dark age back then, thanks to the modernized system, where their is online gaming forum like this one, channels that reviews and recommends quality games via twitch and YouTube. I love it now, the new generation system methods of video game recommendation is very much suitable.