Register Now
m76

How to choose a gaming chair?

Been on the lookout for a new gaming chair for a while now. I'm currently using this old office chair I got from a thrift store a while ago, and it gets uncomfortable after sitting for too long. I tried looking through Amazon, but I am questioning the quality of chairs they offer, as a lot of the chairs they list for sale is unknown brands for the most part. So I've decided to go to the manufacturers site from now on and find chairs that way. 

I was thinking about getting a cheap recliner instead, but idk if that would work out so well for me. 

10 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I've been in this damn thing so long, that I've reached a point to where I'm more comfortable in it that just about any other kind of chair. I mean I'm in it all day, so I better have accustomed to it. Sad as that is to say. Going by what I see in his profile, if the date @DC is shown to have "signed up" for the forum is the day it was built, then I've been in this bastard since before this forum existed.

I really feel down and so touched by what you have been passing through for so long with possible solutions for it. They say science can do just about anything but they don't have a solution for this yet 😔

15 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I've been in this damn thing so long, that I've reached a point to where I'm more comfortable in it that just about any other kind of chair. I mean I'm in it all day, so I better have accustomed to it. Sad as that is to say. Going by what I see in his profile, if the date @DC is shown to have "signed up" for the forum is the day it was built, then I've been in this bastard since before this forum existed.

I'm really at lost for words on what to say for you having been in this situation far too long and there is nothing that could be done about it.

12 minutes ago, Boblee said:

I'm really at lost for words on what to say for you having been in this situation far too long and there is nothing that could be done about it.

When I'm at a loss for words, there's something I've said for a long time:

Good for you or fuck you, whichever you prefer.

The chair is a pain in the ass (sometimes literally) but it's life. Luckily it's a power chair, so I don't have to try to find strength that I don't have to get around. The only downside is that if it's raining or snowing, then I'm locked in the house. If this thing gets wet, the controls will be destroyed and it becomes a several thousand dollar lawn decoration. So to clean the wheels and whatnot, I have to use compressed air. Which means I had to buy a small air compressor.

Sucks.

3 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

The chair is a pain in the ass (sometimes literally) but it's life. Luckily it's a power chair, so I don't have to try to find strength that I don't have to get around. The only downside is that if it's raining or snowing, then I'm locked in the house. If this thing gets wet, the controls will be destroyed and it becomes a several thousand dollar lawn decoration. So to clean the wheels and whatnot, I have to use compressed air. Which means I had to buy a small air compressor.

Sucks.

In everything, what I really like is your high sense of humour which shows the kind of energy that you carry around; so I'm going to say that you should keep it up and push on because it is not the end of life.

16 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Sucks.

The extra expenses that you have to keep making on the chair really sucks big time like you said it, it's sad that it's the only way to clean the chair in order to avoid damaging its mechanism. 

13 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

When the chair has a spring support and a foam support, and not a hard chair, you'll simply seat comfortable at it long time without feeling much of the pains. 

Some chair offers a lot more than that when it comes to its features; there are some that are locomotive on its own; that is it can be operated to go forward or backwards or sideways depending on how you are controlling it.

29 minutes ago, Boblee said:

Some chair offers a lot more than that when it comes to its features; there are some that are locomotive on its own; that is it can be operated to go forward or backwards or sideways depending on how you are controlling it.

Such kind of chairs I admire, especially when they can spring sideways, back and front. It makes gaming more fun, since you can move your chairs to any position of your choice. 

2 minutes ago, Head_Hunter said:

Such kind of chairs I admire, especially when they can spring sideways, back and front. It makes gaming more fun, since you can move your chairs to any position of your choice. 

It's exactly the kind of chair she's talking about having been in for a long time now. It requires a specific routine cleaning to avoid damaging it. 

7 hours ago, Boblee said:

It's exactly the kind of chair she's talking about having been in for a long time now. It requires a specific routine cleaning to avoid damaging it. 

Yes, maintenance is necessary around such kind beautiful chair. I wonder why someone will buy such kind of eye catchy chair and not maintaining. 

4 hours ago, Heatman said:

Seriously, I dread being in a situation whereby I'm confined in a place or a chair. It's definitely going to get me depressed being that I'm the out freely going type. I really feel for her. 

Which woman do you feel for? Check your last sentence, you'll understand what I am saying man. 

10 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

Yes, maintenance is necessary around such kind beautiful chair. I wonder why someone will buy such kind of eye catchy chair and not maintaining. 

No one buys that kind of chair for leisure purposes, I hope you know that right?