Register Now
Reality vs Adventure

Best game I ever played

Why?

I think GTA IV and San Andreas and even Vice City were far superior games in their time. GTAV seems like an incremental step after GTAIV not a leap as all previous games were.

And they completely removed from it what made GTA games so much fun for me to play: the crazy side activities and challenges.

The only fun thing remaining are the chance encounters, which are great, and I consider them the best part of GTAV, but they are only a tiny portion of the game.

Unless of course you are talking about GTA Online, which is a whole different animal, than the single player game that is GTAV. Not that I consider that a great game, since I don't care for multiplayer games at all.

Edited by m76

In terms of what GTA V offered, it felt like it was going backwards. GTA IV seemed to have more features and things going for it in the single player side at least. There was a video years ago about how GTA V got rid of a lot of things GTA IV did good, or even better. I'm not saying GTA V is a bad game by any means. I just don't view it as the best game of all time. 

I think if you have to pick the best out of the bunch, the all around best game would probably be San Andreas. Just for how much it has going for it. It was kinda ahead of its time if you think about it. But, I still find Vice City to be one of my all time favorites because of its story and setting alone. 

But, I respect your choice, because it is a good game. Just not something I'd view as anywhere near the best of all time. But that's my opinion. 

On 12/15/2021 at 11:23 AM, Heatman said:

It's definitely going to be between GTA 5, Ghost of Tsushima and The Last Of Us II for me. 

You simply have to pick out one which you play regularly. As for me, almost everyone know here, that it is FIFA series. I play each edition of it more than any other. 

If we're talking current games, then I give it to a possibility of three games that I just can't decide between. RDR2, Tell Me Why, and Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice.

Tell Me Why and Hellblade are games I heavily relate to in many ways, as I face many of the challenges and issues the characters do every day myself. For example, Senua is schizophrenic and I am as well. We both have to try to ignore the voices, and it's never easy.

With RDR2, it's the first time I have ever felt like I have a family. The gang are so loyal to each other through the first 4 chapters, but start falling apart after that. But in the beginning they are tighter than a hangman's noose. I never had a family, with the exception of my Gramma. She didn't know the meaning of the word "hate". She was nothing but love. She would give you the shirt off her back in the dead of winter if you needed it.

And I'm rambling and getting off topic. AGAIN.

So those are my pics for the best games.

3 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

If we're talking current games, then I give it to a possibility of three games that I just can't decide between. RDR2, Tell Me Why, and Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice.

Tell Me Why and Hellblade are games I heavily relate to in many ways, as I face many of the challenges and issues the characters do every day myself. For example, Senua is schizophrenic and I am as well. We both have to try to ignore the voices, and it's never easy.

With RDR2, it's the first time I have ever felt like I have a family. The gang are so loyal to each other through the first 4 chapters, but start falling apart after that. But in the beginning they are tighter than a hangman's noose. I never had a family, with the exception of my Gramma. She didn't know the meaning of the word "hate". She was nothing but love. She would give you the shirt off her back in the dead of winter if you needed it.

And I'm rambling and getting off topic. AGAIN.

So those are my pics for the best games.

Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice is one hell of a game from all round. Even though I haven't started playing the game but the reviews I have read on the game is incredible. 

On 12/22/2021 at 10:34 PM, Head_Hunter said:

At the moment I'm enjoying FIFA 22,  Rocket league, and most famous at the moment being "GTA 5. 

Personally, I would definitely pick Rocket League over most of FIFA games series. Although, I'm yet to play FIFA 22 but it's basically going to be the same thing. 

On 12/22/2021 at 10:34 PM, Head_Hunter said:

At the moment I'm enjoying FIFA 22,  Rocket league, and most famous at the moment being "GTA 5. 

Although, I never played FIFA 22 since I dumped the game, if I still play it, I might have considered it. 

GTA V is certainly high up on many lists, but I don't know if I would ever qualify it as best ever. Even with how good it was and how popular it was, it just feels like another GTA to me. 

I'm all played out on the series though, so it makes sense to me. I grew up with GTA III, Vice City and SA and those games were the ones I got most psyched for. Especially VC and SA. Those games were life changers for me as a kid. But future games I started to get fatigued with them. It's not the same anymore. I don't get that excited feeling when I see or hear news on a new GTA or on the idea of playing a new GTA. 

7 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

GTA V is certainly high up on many lists, but I don't know if I would ever qualify it as best ever. Even with how good it was and how popular it was, it just feels like another GTA to me. 

I'm all played out on the series though, so it makes sense to me. I grew up with GTA III, Vice City and SA and those games were the ones I got most psyched for. Especially VC and SA. Those games were life changers for me as a kid. But future games I started to get fatigued with them. It's not the same anymore. I don't get that excited feeling when I see or hear news on a new GTA or on the idea of playing a new GTA. 

A game that I'm actually hooked up to like that is Resident Evil 2. That particular series on the RE franchise cannot ever be replaced for me when it comes to how the game impacted on me. 

3 hours ago, Boblee said:

Although, I never played FIFA 22 since I dumped the game, if I still play it, I might have considered it. 

Do you wanna reconsider your decision to get along with playing EA FIFA series buddy? It is up to you to do so. I am an amateur footballer and a lover, that's why I hang around football games. 

Edited by Head_Hunter