Register Now
The Blackangel

What Is The Greatest Gaming Related Gift You Have Ever Received?

This doesn't have to be anything tangible. It doesn't have to be a game, or online subscription to Game Pass or anything. It just has to be related to gaming.

For me, it came from @Rain Dew a couple days ago. She got me one of the greatest gifts I have ever received in my life. She was on Cameo, and she bought me a shout out from Roger Clark, aka Arthur Morgan. I got a video message from Arthur Morgan. I was in a stunned silence for over two hours. I eventually ended up throwing up. The shock was almost more than I could believe. I actually told her the next morning that I had dreamed it. She told me it was real and we watched the video again. Since then I have watched it over and over. I still can't believe it that I got a message from Arthur Morgan himself. He talked to me in his real voice and as Arthur. He gave me some tips on voice acting, which is something I'm really wanting to get into. It's still mind blowing.

It's wonderful to hear that your friend and a member here, made you feel so blissful via a mind blowing interaction you got from your favourite celebrity ' Arthur Morgan. 

The best gift I've gotten in my whole life from my senior brother is 'PS2 controller, I didn't expect it, but he gave me two, when I needed it most. 

I almost met Terry Labonte once.  I won race tickets to that New Hampshire race where Jeff Burton led all 300 laps in September, 2000 and got to listen to Terry Labonte speak in a hospitality tent on race day.  I would have gotten to meet him if I asked a question, but I was too scared that my question would be dumb, but I almost met Terry Labonte.

I'd have to say the time my parents got my brother and I a PS1 for Christmas. My dad bought the console and a bunch of games from a work friend, must have gotten a good deal because we had like 20+ games that day. Just wrapped up, some unopened in the plastic. It's something I wish I could go back in time to revisit. It was so cool. 

On 12/19/2021 at 9:50 AM, The Blackangel said:

I got a video message from Arthur Morgan.

That is one of the most amazing things I've ever heard of. I am so happy for you!!!

2 hours ago, Family sedan said:

Just holding down a job

Same here, actually. So, thanks, @DC. The best gaming-related gift I've ever gotten is being able to work with you on VGR.

15 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I was actually looking at cameo the other day. There are a lot of video game voice actors on there. I was tempted to get a cameo as a gift for someone, but damn cam they be pricey. 

How much did you get the cameo which you gifted to someone on your dream? 

On 12/21/2021 at 11:30 PM, Kane99 said:

I was actually looking at cameo the other day. There are a lot of video game voice actors on there. I was tempted to get a cameo as a gift for someone, but damn cam they be pricey. 

Some of them do charge a lot. But if someone is a really big fan of a game, then it's well worth the money. They will cherish it. I saved that Roger Clark cameo to my computer, my phone, and a thumb drive just to make sure I always have it.

I was promised in the past by my father to get me PS2 when it was trending, as at then, the price was around $60. At last my dad never fulfilled that. So, I have to dig deep to get the game after 365 days in my own. Up to this day no one has ever offered me any video game item or console itself as a gift.