Register Now
The Blackangel

What Is The Greatest Gaming Related Gift You Have Ever Received?

18 hours ago, Boblee said:

As long as it's a game made by FromSoftware Inc and if you have the money to pre order it, there is nothing wrong with it. 

Yeah, the company behind their production is a good strong backing for me in such situations. 

5 hours ago, Heatman said:

Yeah, the company behind their production is a good strong backing for me in such situations. 

Exactly, it's like how they are now getting ready to release Elden Ring. It's going to be one great game in my opinion. 

My parents aren't game lovers, they don't care if  I am making myself happy there or not via video games. The games I have and the list of consoles I've used are simply the ones I got through savings. I am still dreaming for that day, I'll get a brand new PS5. 

On 2/5/2022 at 12:44 PM, Boblee said:

Exactly, it's like how they are now getting ready to release Elden Ring. It's going to be one great game in my opinion. 

There are some gaming companies that value some of their gaming franchise because they know that the essence of their existence relies on those games.

Edited by Heatman

9 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

My parents aren't game lovers, they don't care if  I am making myself happy there or not via video games. The games I have and the list of consoles I've used are simply the ones I got through savings. I am still dreaming for that day, I'll get a brand new PS5. 

Well, I believe that it's something you are here to change now when you eventually get married and have your own kids, since you really enjoy gaming. 

3 minutes ago, Boblee said:

Well, I believe that it's something you are here to change now when you eventually get married and have your own kids, since you really enjoy gaming. 

Correct buddy, that's what I'll definitely change. Since my parents never let me live my childhood dream of playing video game much by supporting me with what I needed I will support my children to enjoy their time around video game if they are passionate on it. 

35 minutes ago, Head_Hunter said:

Correct buddy, that's what I'll definitely change. Since my parents never let me live my childhood dream of playing video game much by supporting me with what I needed I will support my children to enjoy their time around video game if they are passionate on it. 

When your kids are happy, you're definitely going to be a very happy parent. As long as you know how to take care of them. 

7 hours ago, Boblee said:

When your kids are happy, you're definitely going to be a very happy parent. As long as you know how to take care of them. 

Sure, you're right buddy. Care should be given to the children, they're precious gift to us. I wouldn't let go what brings happiness to elude my child provided it is something nice and video game isn't bad either if they prefer it. 

Edited by Head_Hunter

14 hours ago, Boblee said:

It's why they are kids and you're a parent. You can make most of their gaming selections for them and pick what's healthy for them to play. 

13 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

Sure, you're right buddy. Care should be given to the children, they're precious gift to us. I wouldn't let go what brings happiness to elude my child provided it is something nice and video game isn't bad either if they prefer it. 

Exactly, in the generation which we are in, gaming is very powerful too now and for those that knows how to make use of it, are getting good results from it. 

My parents were always cool with me gaming so i can't thank them enough for what they gifted me over the years. Recently My mom managed to put in an order for series x back in september, thinking she would never get it, she got a mail 3 weeks ago it was ready to be picked up. Sneaky as they are my parents suprised me with it, i wanted to pay for it but they insisted i kept it.

Wasen't really going to get a next gen console anytime soon since my ps4 pro xbox one x is still fine for now. 

The best gift i got from somebody was a neo geo pocket and game boy advance from one of my ex classmates and best friend at the time, he sort off got out of gaming and gifted me pretty much all his games, i still have all the stuff . Can't remember what i gave but i think i gave him an iron maiden shirt and a few packs of cigarettes in exchange. He was happy with it.

11 minutes ago, Yaramaki said:

My parents were always cool with me gaming so i can't thank them enough for what they gifted me over the years. Recently My mom managed to put in an order for series x back in september, thinking she would never get it, she got a mail 3 weeks ago it was ready to be picked up. Sneaky as they are my parents suprised me with it, i wanted to pay for it but they insisted i kept it.

Wasen't really going to get a next gen console anytime soon since my ps4 pro xbox one x is still fine for now. 

The best gift i got from somebody was a neo geo pocket and game boy advance from one of my ex classmates and best friend at the time, he sort off got out of gaming and gifted me pretty much all his games, i still have all the stuff . Can't remember what i gave but i think i gave him an iron maiden shirt and a few packs of cigarettes in exchange. He was happy with it.

Nice, those are awesome gifts. I remember some family friends told us years ago that they would give away their Nintendo and their collection. Supposedly they had around 700 games, not sure if true. But I dreamed of the day they would deliver it. That never happened lol. They probably realized there was money there and decided to just forget lol. 

But yeah, have you spoken with your friend about it recently? 

I always thought that if I was to become a mother (never wanted to) that my kids would be allowed to play video games, but there's a bit of a difference. They would begin by playing old systems like the Atari 2600 and NES. They wouldn't start out with the newest and boldest console of the day. They would have to earn newer systems over time. That way they would learn to appreciate what they had and it would help them become better people, instead of having a sense of entitlement that so many have given themselves today. If you earn everything you have, you appreciate it more. For example, my first car was a rusted out Oldsmobile, with a drivers side window that didn't roll down. Half the time I had to keep the hood tied down with a shoe lace. When I got rid of it, I got a Chevy S-10. I loved that truck. It was awesome as hell to me. I didn't start with the best, I had to earn it. Which made it mean all that much more to me.

9 hours ago, Boblee said:

Exactly, in the generation which we are in, gaming is very powerful too now and for those that knows how to make use of it, are getting good results from it. 

Yes, those who are deep into it, are simply using it to keep themselves happy especially during this period of the pandemic, and dreadful state of life.