Register Now
The Blackangel

What Is The Greatest Gaming Related Gift You Have Ever Received?

1 hour ago, Boblee said:

You just have to focus on getting the Microsoft Windows PC that you are planning to get for a while now. 

Exactly bro, that's where my focus is at the moment. I wouldn't change my mind from that again until I secure the PC of my dream. 

10 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Exactly bro, that's where my focus is at the moment. I wouldn't change my mind from that again until I secure the PC of my dream. 

Seriously, the sooner you get that sorted out the better for you in my opinion because you have been missing out on a lot. 

6 minutes ago, Head_Hunter said:

I love Xbox X/S console, I consider those two wonderful consoles as an alternative option in case I failed to launch a PS5 later this year. 

We have an Xbox Series S, and @Rain Dew loves it. Me personally, it's ok. I want the disc capable versions of consoles, but the Series S will do until we can get a Series X. With the PS5 however, neither of us are willing to buy one unless it's the disc version. The Xbox Series S is more than readily available here, but unfortunately we haven't seen a Series X anywhere.

Edited by The Blackangel

7 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

We have an Xbox Series S, and @Rain Dew loves it. Me personally, it's ok. I want the disc capable versions of consoles, but the Series S will do until we can get a Series X. With the PS5 however, neither of us are willing to buy one unless it's the disc version. The Xbox Series S is more than readily available here, but unfortunately we haven't seen a Series X anywhere.

That's impressive that you have a series S version of Xbox. Same scarcity with PS5 goes to series X version as well. I love digital versions nowadays, I'll be going for digital version of any of them when I am financially ready for any of them. 

Just now, Head_Hunter said:

That's impressive that you have a series S version of Xbox. Same scarcity with PS5 goes to series X version as well. I love digital versions nowadays, I'll be going for digital version of any of them when I am financially ready for any of them. 

I never understood the desire for a purely digital system. A disc version works the same way, but also offers the ability to run a disc if you so choose. The digital version hinders itself as it can't run discs, so you're denying yourself a capability. The only reason we have a Series S is because @Rain Dew wanted the new Xbox like crazy. This one is just a "placeholder" if you will, until we can get a Series X.

14 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

I think a lot of people (including myself) have underestimated the Series S.  At the end of the day it's a next gen gaming system for $300, you could barely get the current bottom end graphics card for that right now.  Your not getting the full ripped and pipped 4K graphics of the Series X but it's got most of the same features and ultimately playes the same games.

Edited by Crazycrab

13 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

I never understood the desire for a purely digital system. A disc version works the same way, but also offers the ability to run a disc if you so choose. The digital version hinders itself as it can't run discs, so you're denying yourself a capability. The only reason we have a Series S is because @Rain Dew wanted the new Xbox like crazy. This one is just a "placeholder" if you will, until we can get a Series X.

It's an added advantage for the gaming system to run both digital copies and disc copies. Hell, it even saves you some cost on some games that are more expensive on digital content. 

3 hours ago, Heatman said:

Seriously, the sooner you get that sorted out the better for you in my opinion because you have been missing out on a lot. 

Exactly bro, you already know it. But this time it gonna waste more time due to how money have been utilized for other projects that will help me generate funds to sort out the purchase of the device in the next two months. 

11 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

A friend of mine actually calls disc old relics of video games and it's why he doesn't fancy them anymore but I find it very odd because the CDs still makes a lot of sense. 

8 hours ago, Boblee said:

A friend of mine actually calls disc old relics of video games and it's why he doesn't fancy them anymore but I find it very odd because the CDs still makes a lot of sense. 

There's also a lot of AAA games that aren't available for digital download except maybe for PC. I know for consoles, RDR2 is only available in disc format. There is no digital version of the game, unless things changed in the last few days. When I go to the RDR2 website, it has shown that it is only available on disc. So if someone is a major fan of the game, and upgrades their system, they're fucked unless they get a disc capable system. And even if  you don't use it and consider it a relic of the dinosaur age, isn't it a better option to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it? @Rain Dew and I may end up going purely digital some day. Maybe PS6 or PS7 era. But for now, we're still disc users. It's why we want the disc capable versions of the systems.

And I still use/buy CD's for my music as opposed to DDL's. I prefer physical media over DDL for the most part.

22 hours ago, Heatman said:

It's an added advantage for the gaming system to run both digital copies and disc copies. Hell, it even saves you some cost on some games that are more expensive on digital content. 

Don't you think it's weird to say that digital games are expensiver then physical games? It just doesen't make any sense at all.

To each their own i guess but I'll never understand why anyone would prefer digital over physical, unless you only buy 2-3 games a year i've yet to see any benefit, yes i get gamepass is a good deal but to me it's just a rental service. But who am i to judge i'm just on old fart who lives in the dinosaure age apperently 😉

24 minutes ago, Yaramaki said:

Don't you think it's weird to say that digital games are expensiver then physical games? It just doesen't make any sense at all.

To each their own i guess but I'll never understand why anyone would prefer digital over physical, unless you only buy 2-3 games a year i've yet to see any benefit, yes i get gamepass is a good deal but to me it's just a rental service. But who am i to judge i'm just on old fart who lives in the dinosaure age apperently 😉

I don't really know the basis of your argument here but from my experience of purchasing digital games and physical games, the digital copies are mostly more expensive than the disc copies. 

I wish someone gave me a console as a gift these days lol. I can't afford one, and I don't expect my family to be able to afford a new console either. But it would be nice to get a series x or even s just to get some of the newer titles only releasing on the new gen consoles.