Register Now
Kane99

Take-Two Canceled an Unannounced Game and It Cost Them $53 Million

It was by the hangar 13 team, who worked on mafia III. I heard they were rumors of a bully 2 game. But, supposedly it was supposed to be a game similar to destiny and Take Two just didn't see it being a viable game to make in the market, or profitable I should say. 

They spent $53 million plus before canceling it. At that point I probably would have let them work on it. 

Read more here: https://www.ign.com/articles/take-two-cancelled-unannounced-game-cost-53m/

2 hours ago, Empire said:

Obviously a huge amount, but considering how much they make off of GTA5 microtransactions it doesn't really hurt them as bad as it would other publishers.

Yeah true, but 53 mill is still a lot to lose in that way. I can't imagine they were happy about wasting that money. But they will survive. 

On 2/4/2022 at 9:55 AM, Empire said:

Obviously a huge amount, but considering how much they make off of GTA5 microtransactions it doesn't really hurt them as bad as it would other publishers.

53m does at least get production started on new games and is a massive amount even for companies like Take Two Interactive.

On 1/3/2022 at 2:54 AM, Kane99 said:

It was by the hangar 13 team, who worked on mafia III. I heard they were rumors of a bully 2 game. But, supposedly it was supposed to be a game similar to destiny and Take Two just didn't see it being a viable game to make in the market, or profitable I should say. 

They spent $53 million plus before canceling it. At that point I probably would have let them work on it. 

Read more here: https://www.ign.com/articles/take-two-cancelled-unannounced-game-cost-53m/

They may eventually wake up one day to initiate the game back. They are very well capable of doing that. 

On 1/3/2022 at 2:54 AM, Kane99 said:

One thing that I'm very sure is that they are not really going to let all of that money $53 million go down the drain. They will work something out with the game. 

On 2/4/2022 at 6:14 PM, Kane99 said:

Yeah true, but 53 mill is still a lot to lose in that way. I can't imagine they were happy about wasting that money. But they will survive. 

Seriously, they would be silly to throw away that amount of money like that without having a plan get something out of it. 

On 2/8/2022 at 10:12 PM, killamch89 said:

53m does at least get production started on new games and is a massive amount even for companies like Take Two Interactive.

There are some games that are started and completed with that budget size. I wonder why it's not something to push through the game?