Register Now
Ryan Blake

Open World Game Concepts That Make No Sense.!!

Racing games... in general. More specially using an open world hub to select games modes instead of menus.

I don't know what racing game did this first, but it was Burnout Paradise that made it popular and there is a place reserved in hell for whoever it was at EA and Criterion Games that though that was a good idea. All it does is make selecting the game modes, tracks and cars you want slower and more awkward and you end up racing around the same areas over and over with limited variety.

Towers, why is the map locked behind a fifty foot building?  Why do I have to climb it? Like mate, if I wanted to climb a tower, I'd play a different game. Open World Game #6723 is not gonna impress me with a tower when Open World Game #2342 did it better.

I hate when games force you to go a long distance to get to your mission. I get open world games did it because back in the day they were new and cool. But these days, it's just tedious to have to drive from point A to point B, to point C and then back to point A. It's why I found RDR2 to be quite repetitive, because of how long it took to get from mission to mission. Yeah you could use fast travel sometimes, but usually not during actual missions where you're meant to ride to that destination on horseback. 

The same can be said for GTA V and past GTA titles. Back in the day I'd be psyched to see these open world games, now I find them to be a chore to get done, because it's usually the same "Drive here, shoot bad guys, drive back, end mission" rinse and repeat. 

+1 on what Shagger mentioned. I love Forza Horizon 5 but the most annoying thing ever is having to drive from one side of the map to the other side to start a new race or challenge. The good thing is that you are able to unlock fast travel at one point so I always use that when I can't be bothered to drive long distances.

9 minutes ago, Darth said:

+1 on what Shagger mentioned. I love Forza Horizon 5 but the most annoying thing ever is having to drive from one side of the map to the other side to start a new race or challenge. The good thing is that you are able to unlock fast travel at one point so I always use that when I can't be bothered to drive long distances.

Yeah that's stupid. I get why some would like it, because it gives them time to play with their cars, but some of us just want to do the races and don't care about the other side of it. Wreckfest doesn't require me to drive to a location to start a race. I think it's just another way to keep the gamers playing longer. 

22 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Yeah that's stupid. I get why some would like it, because it gives them time to play with their cars, but some of us just want to do the races and don't care about the other side of it. Wreckfest doesn't require me to drive to a location to start a race. I think it's just another way to keep the gamers playing longer. 

Wreckfast always had the other problem for me. Easy to get into lobby but half the time either the event was already running so you had to wait a long time for a new one to start or there just weren't enough people. I didn't play it much to be fair so I'm not sure if they ever had a server browser of some sort.

I generally hate AAA open-world games because they’re so lazily done. Empty environments and copy-paste, repetitive content

I recently started playing Kingdom Come: Deliverance and I’m loving it. It’s an open-world but there’s so much diverse and meaningful content and attention to detail. You can tell it was made with passion and care and doesn’t feel like a factory-produced open world like the AAA games do

56 minutes ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

Mafia Definitive shouldn't even be an open world because the missions just ends and starts right into another with little chance to explore the map. 

same could be said about mafia 2, see these games more as story driven rather then open world.

On 2/18/2022 at 1:17 PM, Empire said:

I recently started playing Kingdom Come: Deliverance and I’m loving it. It’s an open-world but there’s so much diverse and meaningful content and attention to detail. You can tell it was made with passion and care and doesn’t feel like a factory-produced open world like the AAA games do

Oh man, i really love kcd one of the most underrated games of the past few years. Henry is feeling kinda hungry now 😄

5 minutes ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

That's good to know and something to adapt to I guess since I just bought all three Mafia. 

Mafia 3 is open world though, in pure ubisoft tradition you take over the entire city district by disctrict, some people diden't like it but i really enjoyed my time with the game, i've been meaning to replay it if i would have more time but i have such a huge backlog of games i want to play it may take a while.