Register Now
StaceyPowers

Does anyone own any customized consoles or controllers?

Nothing customised for me. I prefer to have the consoles and the controllers the exact way they came without trying to mess with it. I tend to just buy the official colours that they offer for controllers as well. 

On 1/30/2022 at 6:16 PM, The Blackangel said:

I got @Rain Dew a custom Xbox controller for xmas. It's compatible with both the Xbox One and Xbox Series X/S. Mainly it's just a color scheme. You pick out the colors you want on any given part, and pay for it. Hers looks a little goofy to me, but she loves it.

Xbox Design Lab

For approximately $70 for the controller, it seems like a good deal. I think I might be getting that as well. 

5 hours ago, Boblee said:

For approximately $70 for the controller, it seems like a good deal. I think I might be getting that as well. 

That was around the same amount of money I got my last PS4 console controller for on Amazon. But the Xbox controller looked way cooler. 

13 hours ago, Heatman said:

That was around the same amount of money I got my last PS4 console controller for on Amazon. But the Xbox controller looked way cooler. 

Apart from the Nintendo Switch that I'm planning on getting for my niece this Easter, I'm not making any expenses on gaming hardwares this year. 

2 hours ago, Boblee said:

Apart from the Nintendo Switch that I'm planning on getting for my niece this Easter, I'm not making any expenses on gaming hardwares this year. 

Nintendo Switch is quite expensive, so if you happen to close that out, you have definitely tried for the year with your spending. 

I've got a customized japanese Blazblue 360 that i bought from one of the blazblue devs a couple of years ago. he said they made around 5-10 copies and gave away a few trough a raffle and the rest went to the devs. Normally i woulden't really bother with these custom console since it's always a question wheter or not these are legit but since it came straight from one of the devs the collector in me had to have it 😀. i know off atleast another one out there in the hands off a fellow collector. For now I just have it on display in my game room.

JBW9Kskl.jpg

Edited by Yaramaki

16 minutes ago, Yaramaki said:

I've got a customized japanese Blazblue 360 that i bought from one of the blazblue devs a couple of years ago. he said they made around 5-10 copies and gave away a few trough a raffle and the rest went to the devs. Normally i woulden't really bother with these custom console since it's always a question wheter or not these are legit but since it came straight from one of the devs the collector in me had to have it 😀. i know off atleast another one out there in the hands off a fellow collector. For now I just have it on display in my game room.

JBW9Kskl.jpg

Congratulations my friend. It's not easy getting such at this kind of time. I'm really happy for you. 

48 minutes ago, Yaramaki said:

JBW9Kskl.jpg

I would be somewhat suspicious about that. There are dozens of game skins out there to buy for pretty much every console ever made, so I don't know if I would trust its lineage. I'm trying to decide between two RDR2 designs for my PS4. It also includes a skin for the controller. So I would recommend taking his claim with a grain of salt. But then again, I refuse to trust, so that may just be me.

I drew on my old 360 face plate. I also put stickers on my two other 360 consoles. But that's really about it. Never got any customized with skins or different  cases. I wouldn't mind to, but I don't want to break any consoles in the process either. 

27 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

I would be somewhat suspicious about that. There are dozens of game skins out there to buy for pretty much every console ever made, so I don't know if I would trust its lineage. I'm trying to decide between two RDR2 designs for my PS4. It also includes a skin for the controller. So I would recommend taking his claim with a grain of salt. But then again, I refuse to trust, so that may just be me.

I've yet to be burned by a japanese person in all these years i never had problems with anything coming from japan, just once something was lost in the mail and i got a full refund, 6 months later it eventually showed, seller was nice enough to let me keep it for free.

Sure i'm aware of those skins and like i said i did my research when i bought this console. I'm not gonna drop a few hundred bucks on something that i'm unsure of wheter it's real or not, i even emailed the company that made them (in my best japanese) to verify if it's real, they also made quite a few of ps3 custom consoles for contests and giveaways.  Either way it's a nice display piece that i just wanted to share.